Senior HR Business Partner
You will be working alongside the Divisional Director and the Head of HR to develop and be responsible for the delivery of the strategic and operational people agenda for the Division. You will be providing support for 3,000 people with a learning disability and employing around 3000 staff.
One of the leading learning disability charities in the country.
Accountabilities of the Senior HR Business Partner:
- Working from home and travel across: Kent, Surrey, Sussex & Oxfordshire
- Be responsible for the strategic and operational development and delivery of the workforce plan across the division, by influencing key people decisions across the South East England division, and ensuring that HR communication is clear and shared.
- Develop relationships, build, sustain and enhance trust and confidence with all the key stakeholders by demonstrating outstanding HR practices, culture change issues and principles as well as commercial acumen.
- Be a change catalyst and, as a HR team, discuss, develop and deliver new ideas in order to enhance the HR department across the company and deliver great people related outcomes.
- To work closely with colleagues across the People & Communications directorate on key people initiatives.
- Lead robust and risk assessed TUPE transfers, which may be large complex and across a number of sites, both in and out of the organisation
- Deliver and lead on the People aspects of Operational Transformation programmes.
- Be responsible for the end to end internal change reviews.
- Analyse new business proposals and write clear reports which support or challenge, based on HR analytics, creative ideas and local demographics.
- Undertake HR modelling for new business proposals by working with budgets, using analytics (such as turnover/review of recruitment initiatives, sickness levels, exit questionnaire feedback, etc.)
- Work closely with Advise & Guidance Team as well as the Recruitment, Retention and Resourcing Team, in order to achieve key people initiatives.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of employment law changes, CIPD developments and a deep expertise within Employee Relations casework.
- Plan, deliver and review key HR initiatives and showcase outcomes and results to add value to the organisation (e.g. reduction in sickness levels, performance management).
- Be the lead for the management of one or more key complex national strategies as directed by the Head of HR (E.g. the development of TUPE transfer strategy etc.)
- To be responsible for the timely, professional and efficient handling of all ET submissions for the division and share good practices with the HR team.
- Embrace and engage in and encourage continuous professional development in line with the CIPD framework.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- To have a duty to adhere to health and safety policies, standards and guidelines at all times.
Senior HR Business Partner - Working from home and travel across South East- Kent, Surrey, Sussex & Oxfordshire
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent or have the level of exposure as outlined below
- Mathematics & English at GCSE level or equivalent
- Chartered MCIPD member (or commitment to achieve Chartered Member level within a year of appointment)
Previous Working Exposure
- Substantial exposure of complex Employee relations case management up to and including Employment Tribunal casework
- Exposure of advising on pension issues relating to Local Authority or NHS transfers
- Exposure of working within a social care setting or other people based service provision
- Ability to lead projects, chair meetings or run workshop style events
- Exposure of negotiating people aspects of service contracts
- Considerable exposure of influencing managers on people issues
- Using HR analytics to drive decision making and to support reports
- Using initiative and developing creative HR solutions based on business needs
- Managing and delivering projects on time
- Substantial exposure of recruitment and retention
- Exposure of coaching line mangers in HR practices with demonstrable outcomes
- Delivering planned culture change initiatives with demonstrable outcomes
- Working as a Business Partner (desirable)
- Substantial knowledge of up to date UK employment law
- Be able to understand and use management accounts and apply logical thinking in to developing sound business arguments
- Exposure of working with Unions and be able to demonstrate influencing key discussions
- Travel across the South East England Division as well as all other service areas, including overnight stays
- A positive attitude to people with learning disabilities
- Promote Equality and Diversity
- Current UK driving licence
- Be able to work such hours as necessary for the performance the duties of the role
- Champion CIPD HR standards and its good practices
Working from home and travel across the South East: Kent, Surrey, Sussex & Oxfordshire
- Company Car: Qashqai or equivalent
- Pension: 3 month qualifying period: April 18 - 19: Employees 3% / Employers 2% April 19: Employers 5% / Employees 3%
- Private healthcare: BUPA