Occupational Health Technician
Occupational Health Technician / Nurse
We are currently seeking to recruit an Occupational Health Technician / Nurse to support our Occupational Health Advisor in safeguarding the health of our employees. This role involves extensive travel within England.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and reliable individual to expand their skills.
• Undertake health surveillance screening, including audiometry, lung function testing, and vision screening.
• To undertake health screening procedures, including general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol/blood sugar testing and urinalysis.
• To ensure all medical information is accurately gathered, recorded, safely stored and entered into a secure and bespoke Occupational Health database.
• To ensure all equipment is maintained, serviceable, clean and fit for purpose, replenishing stock/supplies as required.
• To undertake and support additional tasks as requested, such as health promotion along with health and well-being initiatives across the business
• Provide support to the whole occupational health and safety function in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing/tidying etc. in relation to the role and occupational health function.
• The screening procedures allows us to obtain vital information as a result of health surveillance undertaken that has to be analysed, this role plays no part in that and is not expected from you in a technician role. However, there will be scope to learn and develop with this in mind.
• There may be a requirement at some point to service and meet the needs of other companies in the future if the function were to be outsourced.
Skills & Experience:
• Previous experience of working in this capacity is required with some evidence of undertaking training in the specific aspects required for this role - such as spirometry, audiometry, vision screening, etc.
• A registered nurse could be considered who wants to move into the field of Occupational-health. Other suitable backgrounds includes Health Care Assistant, Ambulance, Military Medic, Offshore Medic with experience of working in occupational health.
• Ability to drive a mobile a unit from site to site and be prepared to stay away from home usually on a weekly basis, but not unlimited.
• Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
• Possess solid IT skills
• Self-motivated with an ability to prioritise own workload and manage own time effectively.
• Understand the requirement for confidentiality, ensuring all clients are treated with respect, dignity and privacy.
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience + 6% annual bonus + company car
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
Call Janet now at OH Recruitment 0208 457 3763 / firstname.lastname@example.org