Job Title: HR Manager
Salary: Circa £30k
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Our client are the leading creator of visual merchandising materials for retailers globally, designing and manufacturing mannequins, bust forms and accessories in London and supplying brands ranging from Marks & Spencer to Paul Smith.
They are looking to hire an experienced HR generalist to join their passionate team in north east London.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To deliver a practical, hands-on HR function to support the business.
- To manage services and facilities for the non-manufacturing side of the business.
- To ensure the company is compliant in line with Employment Law, relevant legislations and where possible best practice.
- To be the first point of contact for employee and management queries, and to provide pragmatic advice accordingly while remaining compliant within the law and legislation.
- To manage and advise on all employee relations e.g. disciplinary, grievance, capability etc.
- To monitor and review all company policies, procedures and contracts in line with employment law and legislation.
- To manage the 360 recruitment for all vacancies including managing job descriptions, creating adverts, advertising on job boards, preparing and attending interviews and offering candidates all while promoting equal opportunities.
- To carry out on-boarding with all new starters including pre-employment checks and inductions.
- To assist accounts with weekly and monthly payroll, and ensure the company are compliant with automatic enrolment pensions.
- To assist the company by any means possible, which may mean helping out with health and safety, maintenance etc.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be an experienced HR professional, highly knowledgeable about employment law and relevant legislations all while promoting a pragmatic approach for the needs of the business and employees alike.
They will also be responsible for office management duties such as managing the outsourced cleaning contractor, the outsourced IT contractor etc.
This is a stand-alone role, so you will be required to work independently with precision while organising and prioritising under pressure. As the business is an SME the ability to learn and be flexible for the needs of the business are key. Experience of working in manufacturing or production environment would be beneficial.