Head of Human Resources
The Head of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for providing leadership, strategic vision and management of the HR business to support the delivery of PML’s mission and business goals and to uphold the organisation's key values.
The Head of HR has responsibility for managing the HR function for UKRI staff at PML under the terms of a statement of delegated authority from UKRI and the role acts as an important conduit between the two organisations.
The role also provides leadership and management of PML Applications’ HR business in support of it being a leading impartial scientific marine consultancy.
- Provide strategic and operational HR guidance and advice to Boards, Remuneration Committee and Executive Teams.
- Lead the HR team and provide the management, mentoring and guidance necessary to ensure their professional and personal effectiveness in supporting business success.
- Plan and direct organisational human resource development, career management processes and training and development programmes
- Lead on Employee Relations; develop, implement and evaluate people, reward and remuneration policies, processes and procedures; keeping abreast of relevant legislative and regulatory developments.
- Liaise with UKRI Corporate HR to ensure that both UKRI staff at PML and PML management views and requirements are properly represented. Contribute to the development of UKRI policies and act as the guardian of these for the UKRI staff at PML.
- Contribute to succession and recruitment planning and deliver implementation plans
- Support and advise managers to deliver HR management best and legal practices to ensure any potential risk to PML and PMLA is mitigated. Incentives such as merit award, bonus scheme, performance bonuses. Experience & Eligibility Requirements
You must have:
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) desirably to a level 7 Qualification, however level 5 may be considered.
- A minimum of three years experience of consistent achievement in a human resource profession at a senior level, in a medium-large sized, multi disciplined organisation.
- Extensive record of success in strategic human resource management and achieving sustainable improvements, sometimes in challenging circumstances, with the ability to translate strategic objectives into operational plans.
- Educated to degree level, holding a qualification in HR Management will be required. An equivalent qualification in Psychology, Counselling or a business-related subject will be considered an advantage.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with people at all levels that generate confidence, respect and trust.
- A track record of working within a complex organisation providing clear, timely and professional advice to all levels within the organisation.
- Highly developed oral, written and presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable form to a variety of professional and lay audiences.
For more information email email@example.com
A full application will require a Cover Letter and CV.
Closing date: 11th February 2019