Interim HR Business Partner - Asset Management
A global Asset Management firm are currently looking to hire an interim HR Business Partner on a 12 month contract.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing end to end HR support to the EMEA First State Investments business. The role will be responsible for commercial HR business partnering with key stakeholders and client groups such as Marketing, Operations, Finance, Legal, IT, Product as well as being a point person for smaller teams or individuals who are based in EMEA but report through to teams lead out of other regions. Working closely with members of the global HR function, the HR Manager will be involved in all elements of the employee lifecycle including recruitment, performance management, remuneration, training and development, health and safety and other people related initiatives. Additionally this role will be responsible for strategic initiatives within region such as diversity and inclusion as well as being a strong contributor to the global team initiatives.
HR Business Partner
- Provide commercial coaching, guidance and counsel to client groups and key stakeholders for all employee related matters, including but not limited to performance management, employee development and engagement, employee relations, headcount planning, recruitment and exit processes.
- Drive the implementation of key people initiatives and project work such as diversity and inclusion, learning and development, people and culture planning, remuneration review, etc.
- Work closely with people managers in the region to support talent acquisition / recruitment needs, ensuring appropriate agreements and commercial terms are in place for recruitment agencies.
- Provide advice and guidance to client groups on remuneration structures.
Organisational Change / Change Management
- Provide strategic and operational support on organisational change initiatives - including but not limited to organisational restructures (including managing the redundancy consultation process end-to-end), new system implementation, the implementation of regulatory changes, etc.
- Work in partnership with the business on these changes to provide commercial solutions, advising with a business mindset, not just HR mindset.
- Construct corporate business cases to facilitate approval for the proposed changes (as required).
- Manage challenging discussions with staff and support both staff and managers through processes.
- Ensure appropriate follow up and embedding of change initiatives is completed, with appropriate consideration of employee engagement initiatives that could be implemented.
- Engage and work in collaboration with the HR team globally on the change initiatives as relevant to their regions.
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members on HR operations and processes.
- Take the lead on more complex operational requests where required.
- Support the Payroll and Benefits Manager and HR Administrator by providing updates on changes within client groups that will have an impact on timely payroll and benefits administration.
- Support the Head of HR to implement strategic HR initiatives; local or global HR projects; and other employee lifecycle activities.
- Complete any other tasks requested by the Head of HR that you can perform safely
- CIPD or Degree qualified in Law / Employee Relations, HR, Finance, Business discipline or equivalent.
- Strong Employee Relations experience (preferred) / experience working as Employee Relations specialist or in house Employment Lawyer.
- Previous experience within an end to end Global Human Resources function (preferred)
- Previous experience in an asset management or global financial services business (preferred).
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with HR colleagues, clients within the business.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment - including providing a flexible approach to generate a commercially viable business outcome.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to fully understand their needs.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills - advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills essential.
- Experience successfully managing complex employee relations matters within the EMEA region.