Employee Engagement Manager with a rapidly growing technology business…
Job Title: Employee Engagement Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Central London
Salary: £50-55k per annum + £10k bonus based on performance
What can we tell you about this exciting business?
Our client is one of the fastest growing FinTech businesses of recent times, headquartered in London and Madrid, with 22 offices across Europe, North America and Australasia. They are targeting a growing, under-served opportunity in SME Cross-Border financial services with a unique platform combining data, technology and capital.
Just nine years old, the business now employs 800 people, has raised in excess of $100m top-tier Venture Capital, and is expanding both product offerings and geographical reach.
The Business is headed by co-founders with a well-seasoned and international leadership team. Very much an owner lead Business, they can be described as entrepreneurial, fast paced, questioning and disruptive.
The Engagement Manager will have responsibility for leading the employee engagement initiative across the Company, from developing and implementing innovative corporate-wide initiatives to more strategic events and activities targeted at specific groups of employees. The goal for the Engagement Manager is to make the employee experience at all stages, from recruitment through induction to promotion and beyond, the very best it can be.
A key part of the role includes the business’ training programme, including induction and ongoing training through remote learning as well as regular "Bootcamps", bringing groups together for advanced training, networking and team building activities.
This role will work closely with heads of all departments. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering top class initiatives and programmes through robust internal and external planning and execution, enhancing the employee experience at every level. There is tremendous scope to grow and develop the role for the right "can do" candidate.
The role reports into the Chief People Officer and will work closely with the CEOs and rest of the leadership team.
Key responsibilities and day-to-day duties will include:
- Develop and deliver an internal communications strategy that engages staff and promotes the organisation's vision and help achieve employee engagement through understanding and responding to feedback
- Develop and deliver a programme of employee engagement activities across the Company and sustain dialogue around engagement
- Working closely with other senior management and other stakeholders to build strong relationships and unite staff with the organisation's vision
- Monitor, review and report on employee engagement for leaders across the Business to help understand engagement in their area and areas of focus
- Plan and conduct employee focus groups across the business to gain deeper insight and formulate relevant action plans to improve engagement in each area
- Review current landscape to develop tools and tactics to drive greater cross-departmental collaboration
- Manage the execution of current staff training programme
- Organise and manage training Bootcamps, presenting and leading sessions where appropriate.
- Lead on training enhancements and developments across all departments, in both classroom and online environments.
- Manage the Company intranet, with special focus on improving training and engagement content and presentation.
- Responsible for the Glassdoor profile and reviewing responses with a goal of increasing score from 3.5 to four out of five
- Help manage the Women if Finance initiative, to proactively support our female employees in their careers in the business
- Manage and deliver the monthly internal newsletter
- Manage and deliver the Employee of the Month initiative
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven ability of bringing fresh ideas, passion, energy and motivation to an organisation
- Experience working in an engagement/training environment within a global company of 1k + staff is desirable. Financial industry sector experience is not required.
- Ability to demonstrate a solid contribution to successful engagement campaigns and initiatives, delivering measurable outcomes
- A sound understanding of communications techniques coupled with the ability to evaluate, influence and recommend the focus of engagement and training initiatives
- Confident originator, able to present and promote to win people's commitment and buy-in
- First class verbal and written communication skills, an ability to prepare and proofread materials is essential as is the ability to quickly build rapport with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate strong organisational and project management skills
- Self starter: ability to work unsupervised and with own initiative and also as a key part of a team towards achievement of shared objectives