Assistant HR Manager
Assistant HR manager £35K based in Grays
Your new company
A developing organisation requires an Assistant HR Manager to join their small team based in Grays.
As Assistant HR Manager you will work closely with the HR Manager to actively support the organisation and the needs of the employees. Providing information and advice on policies, procedures, regulations and employment legislation.
Your new role
- Manage all aspects of the payroll including staff queries and PAYE payments
- Responsible for payroll reconciliations/accounting journals and maintenance of payroll databases, with the support of the HR Administrator
- Manage the production of payslips, P11Ds, P35s etc. and to ensure that all statutory documentation is produced in a timely manner
- Work with the HR Administrator to produce documents including job descriptions, offer letters and contracts
- Support the annual benefits renewal including liaison with the benefits broker, data provision and communications to staff.
- Assist the UK Head of HR with disciplinary, grievances and capability hearings
- Pension administration
- Oversee Sickness absence and provide reports to the Senior Management team on trends
- Provide support to managers on Performance Management and assist staff and managers with the process
- Manage the company car scheme in liaison with the lease provider
- Oversee and administer HR policies and procedures, co-ordinate and communicate with staff
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have extensive experience in a generalist position at a senior level working within a HR department and have assisted with monthly Payroll.
If you have completed the CIPD certificate or have a diploma in Payroll this is beneficial, however it's not essential. You will be supportive, fair, approachable and have good communication skills. You will also be happy to deputise in the absence of the HR Manager.
What you'll get in return
A competitive starting salary, annual bonus, generous pension, private healthcare, cashback scheme, 25 days holiday & Bank holidays, onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.