HR People Advisor
Must have a full UK driver's license
Our new, state-of-the-art Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent is 563,000 square feet. It boasts world leading technology which is predominantly developed in house.
At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 200,000 customer orders a week at Erith, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Warehouse Team Managers.
We are now looking for a People Advisor to join the team in Erith.
- To provide a generalist HR Service
- Consistent implementation of HR Policies & Procedures
- Delivery of Management training workshops
- Advise management team on risk and mitigation regarding employment law
- Administrate and oversee all OHA referrals
- Advise on performance and absence management
- Promote benefits, reward and recognition schemes and learning and development opportunities at every relevant opportunity
- Attend and contribute to team meetings both with key customers and within HR; Lead and participate in project and working groups on initiatives across both HR and the CFC division;
- Lead and support on employee events relating to engagement, reward and benefits, recruitment, health and wellbeing and learning and development;
- Produce regular KPI regarding site performance in terms of people management
- Provide HR support to the 24/7 business by being flexible in your working hours, including some early starts and night shifts;
- In conjunction with the Health and Safety stream and Line Management, ensure that there are safe working systems, procedures and policies in place at all relevant locations.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Proven knowledge and experience of delivering HR generalist support with a focus on Employee Relations
- While we value candidates who are CIPD qualified, we recognise skills and experience holds equal value.
- Good organisational skills; Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources
- Able to work independently and is self-motivated
- Effective networking, mediation and negotiation skills; able to listen to and persuade others based on sound logic
- Strong people skills to develop constructive working relationships with the management team and across the company
- Experience of conflict resolution
- Problem solving and analytical ability; we are a data rich company and you will need to be comfortable analysing information, identifying trends and advising on solutions
- Flexibility in approach to working; we are a 24/7 operation so our HR team has to be flexible to work outside of core hours as and when required.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment would be advantageous
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years' service
- 15% store discount