Workforce Development Officer
5 days left
- Full Time
A Workforce development Officer is required in Southend
Your new company
A Workforce Development Officer is required due to a recent promotion.
You will develop and manage the provision of high quality, efficient and effective workforce development by: establishing, commissioning and evaluating training programmes to uphold quality and value for money developing clear training and CPD matrices and career frameworks to support workforce development and retention.
Initiating and taking responsibility for linking policy directives and strategies to ensure training provision reflects workforce requirements. Developing e-learning and bite-size learning opportunities together with maximising internal resources and impact of external training. Producing quarterly and annual activity reports for Departmental Management Team Meetings.
Your new role
- Work across all services and multi-agencies to support workforce commissioning activity and manage relevant training programmes.
- Keep up to date with national and local policy initiatives
- Respond to appraisal data, assess the training and development needs of the workforce and analyse the effectiveness of current service delivery/career pathways. Undertake research and explore successful internal and external models for on-going development.
- Support and promote the organisation's interests in relation to regional and sub-regional developments and deputise when required at such meetings
- Coordinate learning programmes, ensuring that practical arrangements, including suitability of venue/facilities and appropriate target group (e.g. equality of opportunity and access) are in place.
- Monitor and evaluate on the suitability and effectiveness of internal and external training through impact analysis. Report to the Workforce Development Manager with recommendations for improvements and produce quarterly and annual activity reports.
- Supervise the collection of appropriate data and maintenance of training and personnel records for the workforce and relevant external stakeholders. Work to ensure the efficient, accessible and secure storage of information, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Procure training in accordance with the organisation's financial regulations. Monitor and work within budget allocation in liaison with the Budget Lead.
- Actively work on creating value and improvements for training and development methods and workforce development using innovation and marketing skills.
- Provide appropriate support to managers in the application of training and development practice and procedures for quality assurance purposes. Extend support in relation to workforce development around career progression and succession planning.
- Establish learning programmes that meet the needs of core, specialised and professional development. Work in partnership with managers to develop programmes that identify clear expectations and measurable targets to deliver organisational requirements arising from Team and Service Plans.
- Research and commission external trainers within budget as required, ensure quality assurance audits have taken place including observations of practice to demonstrate best practice.
- Work in partnership with providers of required vocational and/or professional training programmes to ensure that the needs of the organisation, staff and educational institutions are agreed and met. Ensure learning agreement processes are in place for performance monitoring.
- Work closely with all members of the Workforce Development Team to ensure that training courses run as scheduled to a maximum attendance and demand is met.
- Work with the Workforce Development Team Manager to reflect workforce needs in the development of strategies and practice changes to ensure a holistic learning and development offer.
- Support and contribute to the various performance and monitoring targets of the Workforce Development Team and actively seek efficiencies and improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have previous experience in a workforce / training/development environment within a complex environment. You will be effective developing partnerships and have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
Knowledge of local government legislation is essential and of adult training and different approaches to learning and career pathways and qualifications.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that values the development of their staff.
A competitive salary. Flexible approach to working hours. 23 days holiday & Bank holidays and a full range of employee benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Workforce Development Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly