Role Overview As HR manager you will support the HR Director in the people management functions that underpin the business culture. The broad areas include: employee relations, compensation and benefits, reward, learning and development, communications, customer care and resourcing.
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the recruitment process this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the payroll team, managers and employees on all queries associated with payroll, compensation and benefits.
- Support with all salary benchmarking activity, pay review and bonus payment.
- Carry out annual checks to ensure that remuneration and benefits package is competitive within the market place. Recommend any changes.
- Ensuring responses and customer updates to queries through all channels are dealt with in a timely manner and to a high-quality standard across the Customer Service Team.
- Analysing statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service provided.
Skills / Abilities
At least 5 years similar experience
Strong Generalist Experience especially across Employee Relations and Compensation and Benefits
Works well under pressure and to deadlines
Good Communication Skills
Strong Problem Solving / Analytical Skills
Good attention to detail
Good Planning & Organisation skills
Strong Negotiation and Influencing skills
Ability to motivate and lead a team
Good IT Skills