HR Advisor - Welwyn Garden
A very exciting Construction company are looking for their next HR Advisor to join the team. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team in a company that values hard work.
- Deal with day to day HR queries at all levels by phone, email and in person, ensuring that Company policies and procedures are followed and ensure legal compliance, escalating to the HR Manager where appropriate
- Provide coaching and advice to line managers on all people related issues, including but not limited to proactive management of absence, performance and disciplinary and grievance issues
- Work with employees and line managers, to ensure HR policy and processes are applied fairly and consistently to ensure good standards of people management
- Act as a specialist adviser and expert on all employee relations issues, to ensure successful and timely resolution and mitigation of risk
- Advise and support on all disciplinary and grievance issues to successful resolution either in the capacity of note taker and support or lead advisor
- Write comprehensive, accurate and timely outcome letters to all formal meetings. Maintain all paperwork in relation to employee relations issues accurately and in a timely manner and keep all files updated and easily accessible
- Take notes at formal meetings where needed
- Provide advice and guidance on the maternity, paternity and parental leave process, including the associated paperwork.
- Keep up to date on relevant changes in legislation and HR Policies and procedures and apply to role, as well as sharing knowledge with HR Advisers and wider HR Team.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is given to the HR Services team regarding to ensure payroll related changes are processed accurately in line with monthly payroll schedules
- Ensure changes to employee status (eg suspension, sickness absence, maternity) are promptly communicated to the Payroll team
- Contribute to the production of the monthly People Report
- Travel to sites across the UK
What we look for from you
- Preferably MCIPD qualified or equivalent
- Self-starter but team oriented
- Sensible and pragmatic judgment calls
- Comfortable in a largish corporate environment (800-1000)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment - possible similar environment
- Supporting sales/white collar population
- Customer orientated
Please contact me if this role sounds like you: email@example.com