Controls Senior Manager - Banking & Capital Markets
We are looking for people to join the Banking & Capital Markets Controls Assurance team based in London. With increasing focus on processes, internal controls, data and technology, our audits are moving increasingly towards more controls, data and technology based audits. This is an opportunity for someone to join the B&CM Controls Assurance team to further develop their skills with respects to processes, internal controls, data and technology. Potential candidates are those persons that are intellectually agile and have previous experience with banking business process and manual control experiences but no previous IT background is necessary.
We are looking bringing your valuable core assurance skills as well as investing in training you with the new skills to assist in leading and delivering our wide portfolio of jobs. Some of the key areas where we have immediate needs are non-audit controls reports, global shared-service centre engagements as well as traditional automated controls work. Candidates will also have gain exposure to working on emerging technology subjects such as Cyber, Cloud and Robotics (artificial intelligence).
We are looking for Senior Managers who are skilled in providing controls assurance, risk evaluation, project governance and other relevant services who want to be part of an ever expanding team. You will work on a variety of External Audit, Third Party Assurance and other large scale often one off innovative Assurance engagements. As part of these projects our Managers are responsible for:
- Working with Partners, Directors, Managers and Senior Associates in managing relationships and work streams on our clients;
- Identifying and addressing client needs including leading client discussions and meetings;
- Maintaining client relationships;
- Conducting and reviewing detailed fieldwork - Understand, evaluate and test the design and operating effectiveness of accounting and internal control systems, offering recommendations for any weaknesses noted to help improve our clients;
- Delegating appropriate work to junior members of staff and review their work in a structured format including, on-the-job training and coaching to junior members of our team; and
- Proactively contributing to the growth of our practice, reporting to Partners and Directors on business development including pitching for new work, bringing new insights and value to our clients, account management, solution development, team development and other new departmental initiatives
Our Controls Assurance team forms an integral part of our Banking & Capital Markets practice. As the global banking environment continues to face significant shifts in the regulatory environment we partner with our clients to manage and improve their system of internal controls, information systems and business processes. Our team works closely together with teams leading our other service offerings including our global teams to provide an integrated solution to our clients.
We work with more Tier 1 banks in the UK and globally than our competitors and are the UK market leaders for Controls Assurance in the banking sector. Our team is led from our More London office with the majority of our clients being based in London and if it suits your personal needs there are also many opportunities to travel. Increasing demand from our clients for our ever increasing range of services, provides us with the opportunity to grow our team and support clear career development for our professionals.
- University degree
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational application systems and related business processes
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organisations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
- Leadership qualities
- Computer Science or Accounting & Business Administration degree, or similar
- ACA and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent
- Experience in auditing IT systems of banks or other financial services firms
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.