AWM Technology & Digital Risk Manager
Technology is at the heart of our client’s business and the risks associated with technology feature heavily in the concerns of executive leadership and regulators alike. Many of our clients are grappling with the challenge of addressing significant technology debt, while leveraging technology and digitally led solutions as part of their growth strategy. Clients are adopting cloud-based solutions; exploring the opportunities of emerging technology; and are looking to new levels of automation with RPA transitioning from proof of concept to enterprise scaling.
Consequently, as firms increasingly rely on technology to deliver their core services, the regulator is raising the bar on their expectations as to how authorised firms manage their technology risks, including cyber, leading to an unprecedented demand for PwC’s services.
In PwC’s Technology & Digital Risk team, you will work with a successful team focused on solving some of our client’s most complex challenges. There is no such thing as a typical day. Engagements vary from short and sharp, through to in depth implementation of frameworks or methodologies, as well as on-going assessments of key technology controls. We are often mobilised to support engagements as part of a regulatory intervention following an incident or significant interruption to service. You will take a key role in managing the delivery of a varied portfolio of engagements, across a broad spectrum of technology and digital risk engagements. You will need to bring a level of technical experience combined with the ability to translate technical issues into meaningful business language.
You will contribute to growing our business through excelling in delivery and developing enduring relationships with your clients as the engagement manager. As a leader in the team, you will have responsibility for shaping our junior people and helping build a team fit for the future.
The role will primarily be to support the engagements in Central and Greater London although opportunities to support projects further afield do arise.
The role will include the following
• Leading engagements across the technology risk domains including;
o Risk reviews of applications and infrastructure;
o Assessing risks associated with third parties;
o Programme/project assurance over large scale change programmes;
o Design, development and testing of technology control universes;
o Operational technology process design and review; and,
o Security and data reviews focused on controls and governance.
• Being responsible for managing engagements profitability and in line with PwC risk and quality standards.
• Coaching more junior colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation
• Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information
Our ideal candidate would have a track record of exceptional delivery supported by a pragmatic and inquisitive mind set and a back ground in professional services. They need experience within a client-facing environment and have proven relationship development skills, able to quickly establish rapport with technology leadership.
• Strong background and practical experiences in technology governance, controls testing and assurance in a financial services environment.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to present complex technical issues in a business context.
• Proven ability to think critically and solve client problems.
• Experienced in project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities.
• CISA and/or CISM qualified or other relevant professional accreditations.
• Familiar with ITIL and ideally hold some level of certification.
• Experience of advising or being a part of a technology team.
• Involvement in a component of a technology led change programme or providing advisory services to a change programme.
• Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends in FS.
• Good understanding of common business processes within FS
The role will include the following
- Being part of a team that performs services including IT risk reviews, programme/project assurance, third party assurance, IT operational, security and data reviews.
- Managing fieldwork for engagements and supporting the team in more specialist areas
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- Performing reviews over clients’ IT systems, controls, processes or programmes, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations.
- Coaching more junior colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information
- Exposure to current thinking in business technology, technology governance and risk management
- Assisting the wider team in developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by designing innovative assurance activities that address their business needs.
Our ideal candidate would have experience in industry within a client facing IT environment or would have previous experience of delivering IT risk advisory work to IT functions.
- Technical IT background and practical experiences
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
- Understanding of Prince2 or Agile processes; or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge
- ITIL experience
- Experience of being a part of IT functions, IT change programmes or advising clients how to improve their IT operations.
- Technical IT background and significant practical experiences, preferably in the delivery or assurance of IT enabled transformation projects and programmes
- Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends.
- Excellent understanding of standard programme management methods
- Good understanding of common business processes
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.