Learning and Development Advisor
It’s a great time to join City Cruises, we are going through a period of growth and gearing up for our peak season a great opportunity has arisen for a Learning and Development Advisor to join us. You will report into the Head of Human Resources and be part of a small HR team. As the only member of L&D you will have sole responsibility for the implementation and administration of all development initiatives at CC.
Job Title: Learning and Development Advisor
Company: City Cruises
Department: Human Resources
Location: Bermondsey/Sufferance Wharf
Working Pattern: Flexible either 4 days or 5 days per week
Designing and delivering learning and development to the organization in order to meet the staffing needs of the business plan. To ensure that training programmes are structured, innovative and in line with our Company values and vision.
- Acting as the main point of contact on all training and development projects and training initiatives (excluding specific Boat Crew training) to ensure they reflect key requirements and behavioural needs of the specific business areas.
- Responsibility for the management and administration of the appraisal process and subsequent training needs analysis
- Responsible for the monitoring of probation and subsequent development requirements
- Evaluate and report on all development initiatives
- Prepare monthly reporting on all development activity
- Reviewing existing training materials to determine appropriateness and relevance.
- Assisting the Head of Human Resources in developing City Cruises L&D strategy.
- Developing and administering training programmes for all employees and departments (with focus on sales, customer service, performance, conflict management) at City Cruises such as face to face training, online training, printed manuals, group sessions, training video, workshops and more.
- Presenting face to face and online training sessions to ensure that all employees are meeting the Company’s standards and values.
- Scheduling training sessions, organising information technology and other equipment, managing course enrollment and issuing certificates of completion.
- Keeping a breast with learning and development trends and best practice by attending regular meeting, seminars and carrying out own research.
- Monitoring training programmes and tracking employee’s progress to ensure that training is effective and up to date.
- Working with and the Head of Human Resources and the Human Resources Manager to address learning & development issues and training needs regarding specific employees or departments.
- Delivery of the Company’s induction program to ensure adherence with best practice, legal requirements and company compliance obligations.
- Supporting all departments with appointing external training providers as appropriate to meet training needs e.g. alcohol licensing, food hygiene, fire safety.
- Liaising with the Head of Human Resources to develop and implement a leadership programme for managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for training material such as training manuals, power point presentations, online training, training handouts, training record books and certification of competition.
- Mentoring, training and developing all employees to deliver the required company standard of customer service.
- Actively sharing knowledge, promoting and encouraging a learning and coaching environment which will enable employees to provide an exceptional service to our customers and display the right behaviours at all times.
- Continuously developing the Customer Experience Training programme (including Sales and Customer Service Standards) for the frontline team (Customer Service Agents, Functions Agents and Crew) to ensure that the company standards are met.
- Assisting the relevant departments with reviewing and presenting the Quarterly CSQ scores achieved by the customer experience teams and preparing improvement plans as appropriate.
- Working with the Human Resources department to produce and maintain the annual training budget and always seek for the best training delivery methods.
- You will be required on occasion to support the HR department at recruitment events, assessment days
- Educated to degree level
- CIPD or related learning & development qualification
- Ability to deliver training in business level English
- Demonstrable track record of success within an L&D implementation
- Experience of delivering learning initiatives across a diverse business
- Experienced of individual coaching and mentoring, including senior managers
- Significant experience of implementing learning strategies required
- Design and delivery of innovative learning programmes
- Experience of working with external partners to deliver learning solutions
- Experience of introducing innovative technology to enable learning
- Proficient in IT – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Be credible and able to inspire and motivate
- Have good planning, presentation, time a management skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Knowledge and expertise in training and instructional methods
- Attention & accuracy to detail
- To exhibit a professional attitude at all times
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload and multi-task
- Ability to influence and build strong business partnerships within the organization at all levels
- Can-do attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situation
- Ability to own and follow-through on projects required and issues raised
- Excellent written, verbal communication and people management skills
- Flexible approach to work schedule based on needs of business
- Understanding of budget management