Part time HR Advisor
Part time HR Advisor - ER Specialist Chelmsford £32K pro rata
Your new company
As part time HR Advisor ( 3 days ) you will have solid experience of Employee Relations and will ideally be CIPD qualified.
You must have demonstrable evidence of managing diverse and complex ER cases as well as experience of TUPE. You will have the ability to support, influence and challenge managers in weighing up complex evidence, structuring arguments and reaching sound commercial decisions. The Role: This role will cover the full spectrum of generalist HR activities, from operational day-to-day to longer-term strategic activities. Operational
Your new role
- Managing ER cases, particularly higher-risk/potential dismissal cases through to resolution;
- Providing clear guidance to managers regarding their responsibilities within a process or procedure and the elements the HR function will undertake;
- Attending formal hearings to ensure the case has been managed correctly, procedure is followed, provide advice and to document proceedings;
- Drafting clear, well-structured outcomes on behalf of managers that will stand up to potential scrutiny at an Employment Tribunal;
- Liaise with ACAS in early conciliation in line with approach agreed with HR Manager;
- Where ETs arise, supporting HR Director with collation of bundles and defence against claims where appropriate;
- Support the HR Manager in the reporting and analysis of trends in ER cases and from this suggest how we can reduce their instances.
- Supporting managers with change management activities, including devising solutions appropriate to business needs (eg writing business cases for restructures or reviews), using HR interventions to add value, embed corporate values and improve performance.
- Managing short and long-term sickness cases to resolution, including reporting on and monitoring on absences, liaising with Occupational Health, arranging meetings and advising managers on reaching commercially sound and fair decisions.
- Challenging managers to take responsibility for managing staff effectively, assisting and coaching where appropriate.
- Managing TUPE transfers where required from an HR perspective, including liaising with incumbent providers, drafting correspondence, consulting with staff and subsequent integration.
Strategic HR activities
- Developing and delivering training and interventions to build on managers' people management skills.
- Assisting with developing ways to measure output, and demonstrate the positive impact of HR on organisational performance.
- Supporting employee engagement initiatives and supporting managers to identify and implement actions for improvement.
- Effectively use organisational HR KPIs to inform and support decisions which impact and improve business performance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong track record of managing Employee Relations cases end-to-end, up to and including dismissals and - ideally - involvement in defending Employment Tribunal claims
- Experience of successfully managing TUPE transfers
- Practical experience of managing change management processes
- Experience of advising in a fast paced multi-site environment
- Ability to provide commercial HR advice based on a practical application of relevant employment law
- Ability to demonstrate presence and credibility with internal and partner stakeholders at senior levels through excellent communication and influencing skills both verbal and written
- Good standard of written English and ability to produce formal correspondence that will stand up to potential scrutiny at an employment tribunal
What you'll get in return
A part time position - 3 days a week based in Chelmsford
25 days holiday & Bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.