Head of HR & Training
Alongside supporting the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, this vital role will be responsible for leading and owning the People strategy, for fully supporting the HR and Training Team, and ultimately ensuring excellent business support to managers and staff across the organisation.
Our client is currently recruiting for an integral, strategic and influential Head of HR & Training to strengthen and support their Leadership Team. They are an innovative and ambitious charity, building on 80 years of inspiring and encouraging people to give the gift of volunteering in support of NHS services and communities around the country.
Supporting people is at the core of their charitable objectives, and their vision of supporting two million people by 2028 depends on the dedication, development and commitment of their team. As a result their HR function is of critical importance, and an opportunity has now arisen to lead the People element of this challenging strategy.
A flavour of the responsibilities include:
- Supporting the CEO in the creation and development of the People Strategy.
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership Team to achieve their people plans and objectives.
- Ensuring the Leadership Team receive relevant management information to enable them to monitor progress against all people plans
- Driving employee engagement.
- Leading the People Team in developing department people plans covering Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Reward, Training and Internal Comms & Engagement.
- Supporting the Executive Director of Finance within the implementation of pay awards.
- Acting as internal executive Coach and trusted confidante to senior leaders across the business.
- Ensuring, through innovation and continuous improvement, that HR & Training interventions are always relevant, contemporary and evidence-based.
- Ensuring strong HR advisory services and support are being provided to line managers.
- Managing the People Team's annual budget.
- Providing HR advice on complex or higher risk matters.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Extensive generalist HR experience (including complex employee relations, employment law, performance management, talent management, complex TUPE, etc…)
- Experience of operating successfully in a matrix/relationship driven culture/organisation within the charitable sector
- Good understanding of governance within charities and experience of working with charities
- Understanding how to design, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of learning and training solutions across diverse organisation.
- Previous experience of managing a People Team.
- First class influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, changing business environment.
- Resilience to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit.
- Detail conscious, procedural and strong on employment law.
- FCIPD Qualified.
- Flexibility to travel.
What's on Offer
Salary up £75,000 + benefits.
If you share their passion, and believe that you are the right person to contribute to their inspiring mission, please get in touch and apply. We're looking forward to hearing from you and telling you more.