Senior HR Generalist
Senior HR Generalist
The successful candidate for this role will have a strong foundation of generalist HR experience and be CIPD qualified (or equivalent) with a broad background of service delivery in General HR across HR administration: Wellbeing practices; Talent planning; Learning and Talent development; Performance and Reward; Employee Relations and Engagement.
If the growth and development of our HR service for the future is one to give you the personal challenge and development you are seeking, please refer to the more detailed Job Description below - which outlines the overall HR service across the business we are looking to build and improve, with help from our new HR team member.
Overview of role:
- Assist the HR Partner & Recruitment Team in ensuring that the organisation is able to identify and attract key people with the capability to create competitive advantage, and that it actively manages an appropriate balance of resource to meet changing needs, fulfilling the short and long term ambitions of the organisation strategy
- Work with managers to ensure they understand and are fully engaged with talent identification and succession activities and processes
- Assist the HR Partner in ensuring that people at all levels of the organisation possess and develop the skills knowledge and experiences to fulfill the short and long term ambitions of the organisation and that they are motivated to learn, grow and perform in line with business objectives
- Plan and support the delivery of learning and training programmes, including booking agreed training providers, responding to attendee enquiries and liaising with service managers managing delegate lists, joining instructions, and evaluation process
- Assist the HR Partner in ensuring that the relationship between RLB and its staff is managed appropriately within a clear and transparent framework underpinned by organisation practices and policies and ultimately by relevant employment law
- Assist the HR Partner in ensuring that in the context of organisation objectives, in all aspects of the employment experience – the emotional connection that all employees have with their work and to their organisation (in particular Line Manager relationship) is positive and understood. And that it delivers greater discretionary effort in their work and the way they relate to their organisation
- Service delivery and information - Assist the HR Partner in ensuring that the delivery of HR Service and information to leaders, managers and staff within the organisation is accurate, efficient, timely and cost effective and that human resource data is managed professionally
- Performance and reward - Assist the HR Partner in building a high performance culture by delivering programmes that recognise and reward critical skills, capabilities, experience and performance. And ensure that reward systems are equitable, market based and cost effective
- Run HR briefing sessions on topical HR issues to management and staff
- Develop, implement and report on key HR KPIs and other metrics (to include absence and staff turnover)
Overview of person specification:
- CIPD qualified
- A minimum of five years experience as a HR generalist
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people at all levels internally and externally in course of work
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills, resilient and approachable with confidence to make difficult decisions
- Degree qualified in Human Resources or other similar discipline
- Experience of establishing or managing appropriate HR policies and practices in overseas offices or companies
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
FOR THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION, PLEASE VIEW THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENT.
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief.