The Employee Relations Manager will join a dedicated team to provide strategic advice on Employee Relations and employment policy matters across the organisation as well as owning the central relationship with the Unions. The successful candidate will provide consistent advice across all departments and act as a source of expertise for the resolution of complex issues
Our client is a well known University based in London
The responsibilities for this role are to:
- Work with senior colleagues to develop and deliver ER strategy
- Manage a number of complex and varied ER cases at one time, ensuring that resolutions are timely, fair and commercially viable.
- Work proactively with HR Business Partners to develop engagement strategies, identify ER trends and minimise risk, in addition to supporting on change management projects where required.
- Work with Legal colleagues in high risk cases and employment tribunals
- Train and coach line managers on ER, Policy and Engagement matters
We're looking for an Employee Relations Manager with the following skills and experience:
- Significant complex and high level ER case management experience, including disciplinaries, grievances, settlement agreements and Employment Tribunals
- Extensive experience of Union consultation and negotiation
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience of Public Sector and/or Higher Education is an advantage
- Calm and resilient under pressure
6 Month Contract, March 2019 start, salary £43,000-£54,000 dependant on experience