Portfolio HR are currently recruiting for a HR Manager to join a charitable organisation in central London. This is to manage the HR advisors and apprentices to on the team. We are looking for a strong generalist with experience working in the public sector.
- To manage and develop the HR team, this includes advisors and apprentices.
- Provide HR advice and support managers across the team and organisation.
- To act as the first point of contact when the Head of HR is absence.
- Strong employee relations experience, this includes all grounds of grievances, dismissals and disciplinary actions.
- Lead on the HR database acting as department super-user and ensuring use of functionality maximised for the organisations advantage
- Provide HR advice and support for managers and staff across the Organisation
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and contribute to the development and implementation of key policies.
- CIPD qualified.
- At least 3 years experience of managing an HR function
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and experience of presenting cases in an Employment Tribunal
- Experience of TUPE transfers
- Experience of managing change, including restructurings and redundancy
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to write and produce user-friendly policy and procedure guides