Assistant HR Manager
An insurance business based in the City of London is now hiring for an Assistant HR Manager (which is a brand new role and addition to the team). The business employ 200 people globally; with office locations in Singapore, Australia and a presence in China. Having recently been bought the business now have a strong footing as well as a unique and rich history of trading in the Lloyd's market.
People are the greatest asset of this business hence further investment within HR to make it the best service on offer to its employees. In this newly created role, you will be part of a busy, close knit HR team of 6, supporting our London and overseas offices.
The role will be operationally focused HR with a broad HR generalist remit, handling the full employee lifecycle of activities with opportunity to get involved in or, lead HR projects. Additionally you will manage 2 HR Administrators.
We are looking for a hands on and pragmatic operator who is willing to roll their sleeves up and fully immerse themselves. Someone who takes pride in delivering
exceptional customer service and high quality work to the business. Demonstrating a
mind-set which evaluates current process and practices and looks for opportunities to
improve ways of working.
- Delivering holistic support to the Group HR Director, HR Manager and the wider business in ensuring operational excellence across all aspects of the HR function.
- Supporting the HR Manager in the delivery of an accurate and responsive operational HR service. This includes onboarding and offboarding, statutory processes, absence management, updating internal policies and procedures, maintaining accurate employee files, actioning contractual changes, checking payroll instructions and supporting cyclical HR processes.
- Building effective relationships with the business; coaching and developing Managers on HR related queries and how to develop their talent.
- Effective line management and development of the 2 HR Administrators.
- Recruitment - working with Managers in supporting the end to end recruitment process and hiring the right talent.
- Working with the HR team to support implementing activities and projects on the HR plan.
- Analysing internal and external data to identify HR needs, trends and requirements to ensure HR remains relevant.
- Acting as an ambassador for the function and representing the business HR internally and externally.
- Conduct - maintaining high standards of professionalism and ethical behaviour and
- adhering to internal and regulatory requirements in all activities.
- Related degree or CIPD qualified.
- Strong HR technical skills that have been honed and proven through practical application, preferably within a corporate environment. Experience working within the insurance industry is desirable.
- You can work confidently on all aspects of HR - recruitment, performance management, employee relations, learning and development, reward and management information.
- Passionate about HR with a strong drive to deliver practical results to the business.
- You understand the priority and importance of people management issues and do not demonstrate a textbook or purist approach.
- Keep up to date with employment law, external trends and developments within the HR profession.
- A team player with a positive can do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Have a strong eye for detail.
- Are curious and have a questioning mentality.
- Professional approach - able to build credibility and trust.
- Strong interpersonal skills - proven capability in developing relationships at all levels.
- Hard working, with a flexible attitude to work, able to respond to evolving needs and prioritise work, ensuring deadlines are always met.
- Continuous improvement mind set.
- Experience of using and developing a HRIS