Reed HR are working with a Charity based in the West End of London to recruit a Pensions Administrator to join the Pensions Team on a Permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role will be to administer employee benefits in line with the scheme rules and appropriate, current legislation. You will work alongside the Pensions and finance team to ensure the monthly payroll run is completed seamlessly, and ensure the pension database is kept up to date.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Administer members' benefits in line with scheme rules and appropriate legislation, including but not limited to refunds of contributions, deferred pensions, transfers-in, transfers-out, and retirements including projections.
- Assist in the collection and reconciliation of all pension contributions across the organisation.
- Check calculations and refer complex issues to Pensions Manager
- Liaise with external advisers to facilitate the review and rebooking of insured benefits
- Participate in various projects such as the annual benefit statements, pensioner existence exercise etc.
- To assist in the running of the payroll cycles including payment of income tax to HMRC within Legislative timescales.
- Complete Reconciliations to verify accuracy of monthly and quarterly payrolls
- Set up new pensions, including the payment of pension commencement lump sums and other options
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience with Pension administration, including benefit calculations for leavers, retirees etc. You will be able to provide evidence of payroll experience, running monthly payrolls and dealing with month-end and year-end processes.