HR - Strategic Development Lead
HR - Strategic Development Lead is required for a local government based in South Essex
Your new company
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council requires a HR Manager - Strategic Lead that with work closely with Chief Officers and senior stakeholders to develop, evaluate and consult on strategies, processes and polices.
Your new role
- Lead on a development strategy for the organisation that links with pay, reward, recognition and benefits in consultation with Senior Managers, Head of Service and Directors, to ensure the adoption of best practice and alignment to the strategic objectives.
- Ensure strategies and frameworks comply with the policies and regulations, governance and are legally compliant.
- Develop and manage external relationships and ensure research is undertaken when necessary to enable the organisation to remain an employer of choice.
- Work with Senior Managers and other HR Service Managers to understand key resource requirements to ensure the development of strategies that meet both current and future organisational needs.
- Act as expert advisor for HR colleagues, senior managers on all matters concerned with strategic development
- Create and develop relevant policies in conjunction with HR management team and lead the required negotiation and consultation aspects (including those required with the Trade Unions) of any change programme requirements as appropriate.
- To manage, lead and develop the provision of a high-quality development strategy for the in conjunction with HR colleagues, Senior Managers and other departments. .
- To work with the operational workforce team to ensure the delivery of the corporate strategies can be met.
- To manage, lead and develop the provision of expert, high level advice and guidance to Managers, on all aspects of strategic staff development ensuring action taken is fair, consistent and considered.
- To be responsible for the provision of timely, accurate Management Information that meets Statutory requirements and the organisations needs.
- To work with the Head of Service, as part of the HR Management Team to ensure an integrated and corporate approach to the HR strategy in line with Corporate objectives.
- To continually improve and develop service delivery through participation of service planning, consultation and partnership working, performance management, communications, and appraisals, identifying areas for improvement and developing improvement plans.
- Represent the organisation at external groups within the Service Managers area of expertise leading on the response and implementing any changes arising from agreements.
- To lead on projects or time limited work tasks as directed ensuring delivery in collaboration with all relevant Managers.
- Explore and maximise income generation opportunities
- To prepare and present reports as required
- To deputise for the Head of Service as required and provide direct management support to teams when needed.
- Continually monitoring, evaluating and improving performance by actively seeking customer feedback, measuring customer experiences and adjusting service provided accordingly.
- Manage change effectively and creatively; respond to complex and changing situations by use of creative problem solving and bring new thinking, delivery mechanisms and solutions to the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have substantial experience of managing and delivery high quality strategic development in a large complex organisation.
In depth experience of performance management, influencing performance outcomes at a team and individual level and of leading, motivating and developing others.
Experience of advising, consulting and leading on the implementation of complex development/ business solutions to meet organisational change. And substantial experience of developing and successfully implementing strategy and policy applications including consultation with senior managers.
What you'll get in return
Salary £49,000 - £52,000
Flexible working and flexi hours
23 days holiday
To see the full range of benefits that Southend Council provide, please visit https://southend-borough-council.job-essentials.com/why-work-for-us/
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Shelly Mckinney on 01245 782134. The closing date for applications is Friday the 22nd of February
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
The Council is an equal opportunities employer. They welcome applications, regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, age or religion or belief. All applications will be considered solely on merit