HR Advisor - up to £30k - Swindon
Your new company
A fixed term contract position has become available to help with the project of setting up a comprehensive HR team. An HR Administrator and HR Manager are already in place and there is now a fixed term contract vacancy for an HR Advisor. HR is part of the Business Services team (9 employees), which is led by our Finance Director. The role will predominantly involve working closely with the HR Manager to improve as well as design and implement new processes, policies and procedures across all areas of HR. There will also be a requirement to be involved in other day to day generalist HR activities, as outlined below.
Your new role
- Amending and drafting new HR policies, processes and procedures across all disciplines of HR in line with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Building a strong knowledge of our business in order to make appropriate suggestions and fulfil the project objectives.
- Communicating updated and new policies in a user friendly format and assisting with coaching and training where appropriate.
- Drafting standard documents and templates for all areas of HR including but not limited to letters, contracts, job descriptions etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous HR experience at Advisor level is essential, ideally across most if not all HR disciplines and within a professional services environment.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and its practical application.
- Experience of reviewing and drafting HR policies, process and procedures.
- CIPD qualified or part qualified.
- A client focused, commercial approach with an excellent eye for detail and a concern for quality and accuracy.
- Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude.
- The ability to prioritise a full workload keeping people informed of progress, identifying potential obstacles and proposing solutions where appropriate.
- The ability to work on own initiative with limited direct supervision while at the same time recognising when matters need to be escalated.
- Excellent IT literacy skills including experience of an HR database.
- Travel to other offices may sometimes be required so own transport is preferred.
What you'll get in return
6 months Fixed Term Contract (with the possibility to extend) (minimum 21 hours per week)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.