Occupational Health Technician
We are currently seeking an Occupational Health Technician to cover the South West. The role will be 3 days per week on a permanent basis.
The sites will include:
- Potentially some of Bristol depot
You will need your own transport, mileage will be paid at 45 pence per mile.
The role will involve providing a professional Occupational Health service to the business, including an effective and timely health surveillance screening service.
Duties and responsibilities
Health Surveillance clinics and Fit for Work assessments
- Undertake health spirometry, audiology, skin assessment and Hand Arm Vibration assessments under indirect supervision of an Occupational Health Nurse/Advisor
- Undertake vision, colour vision, height, weight, blood pressure and pulse assessments
- Undertake Display Screen Equipment, lone worker and night worker assessments
- Generate clear, concise and accurate outcome reports
- Report any abnormal findings or causes for concern
- Ensure care, correct use and calibration of equipment
- Travel to site as required
Personal qualities & competencies
Experience in an OH technician role or a proven background in an OH setting
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Support wider team and company communications
- Sensitive and professional management of individuals
- Flexible approach
- Ability to adapt to unexpected and varied circumstances
- Ability to work under your own initiative, prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Proven experience in maintaining confidentiality and data protection
- Use of databases such as SAP and OH specific databases
- Experienced with Microsoft packages particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training to support OH requirements and activities
Interested? Please contact James Baron or Ben Higgins on 01582 235500 to discuss in confidence.
OH Medical Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency within the Occupational Health sector. We recruitment permanent and agency Occupational Health staff nationwide.