HR Manager, Africa and Asia Pacific Area
Job Reference Number: 18910
Job Title: HR Manager AAPA
Industry Sector: Not for Profit
Ashley Kate are pleased to be partnering with our client based in Maidenhead who are looking for a HR Manager to look after their Africa and Asia Pacific Areas. This is an exciting opportunity for a HR Manager with International experience who enjoys working in role that offers huge variety.
Due to internal progression, they are looking for a HR Manager, with international experience, ideally in Africa and Asia, including India. Reporting into the Area Director you will be part of the Area's management team and will work closely with the Area Director and will oversee all HR matters and advise on HR best practice as well as ensure cohesion with Corporate HR strategy policies and procedures, along with local HR and legislative requirements.
You will be an experienced HR Manager with International HR experience and able to lead on all HR matters across AAPA remotely from the Maidenhead office. You will be able to influence at the highest level and be dedicated to providing an added value HR Service to enable them to continue being an employer of choice.
Key responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Formulate and advise the Area Director on the full Area HR strategy in support of 1 and 5 year Area Business Plans.
- Advise Area Director on all key/complex strategic HR issues and likely solutions to mitigate.
- Effectively lead the Area HR function and its team members, in order to deliver a comprehensive service to the business unit.
- Develop, execute and manage the full Area employment budget. Monitor monthly employment budget variances and authorise (within agreed delegated budget and financial authority) changes to employee pay/conditions.
- Policy & procedures - Ensure all Area/country policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment legislation and practice.
- Employee Relations - make key recommendations to Area Director and management team on challenging casework including absence, disciplinary, grievances, sickness etc. Assess individual or corporate risk associated with casework or people management issues and escalate/report risks to Area Director as appropriate.
- Performance Management - plan coaching on performance management & other people issues/processes. Ensure performance management process is completed for all staff.
- Learning & Development - provide guidance on development for managers and their teams. Lead on preparation and regular updating of training plans, implementing and monitoring /reporting on progress.
- Recruitment & Retention - advise on, formulate and deliver manpower strategy with Area Director and Management Team. Coordinate talent and succession planning; overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns.
- Reward - review pay and benefit packages and ensure local benchmarking is applied for the 16 countries in which staff are directly employed. Where appropriate provide advice about local negotiations.
- Manage and prioritise a full casework and project portfolio, based on both Area and Corporate requirements. Craft business and people solutions. Work closely with the HR Director and HO HR team as and when required to deliver corporate or Area projects.
For more details about this role, please contact Emma Warner on 0203 800 1500
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.