Job Reference Number: 18901
Job Title: HR Assistant
Salary: Up to£26,000
Location: Milton Keynes - with travel
Industry Sector: Logistics
Ashley Kate are pleased to be working with a global business based in Milton Keynes who are looking for a HR Assistant to join the team on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Regional HR Manager you will provide accurate and timely HR administration and HR support to the Regional HR Manager, HR Officer and site management to ensure HR processes and procedures are carried out in line with Company policy and HR administration checklists. Provides generalist HR support to operational management on a range of day to day operational HR issues, policies and procedures, as well as attendance at investigation/disciplinary and consultation meetings.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate experience within a busy HR Office.
- CIPD (Level 3) Qualified
- Must be familiar with all HR Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate employment law awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Plan, organise and prioritise work.
- Administer, document and report effectively.
- Personal and professional demeanour with high levels of personal integrity.
- Thrives on working with people and builds rapport easily.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work according to business requirements.
- Well organised and methodical approach.
- Flexible approach to hours of work as there may be the need to see employees on night shift etc…
- Must be willing to travel across the sites covered when required, mileage to be claimed back via expenses process.
- Ensure all relevant administration documents relating to absence are completed accurately and filed appropriately.
- Send out AWOL letters as appropriate and ensure RHRM/RHRO is kept up-to-date.
- Keep a track on all LTS and STS employees and refer to Occupational Health as appropriate. Escalate to RHRM/RHRO if appropriate.
- Advise Managers on how to deal with absence in line with Company Policy.
- Attend as HR support in disciplinary meetings relating to absence/timekeeping.
- Attend welfare meetings/home visits/skype sessions with Managers as HR support.
- Supports with Post-employment health queries and fitness for work.
- Prepares standard letters e.g. disciplinary hearings, suspension letters, confirmation of disciplinary warnings for checking by relevant RHRO/RHRM where required.
- Attends disciplinary hearings and give advice to the Management Team in conjunction with RHRM/RHRO.
- Attend meetings as HR Support/note taker and ensure a full bundle is kept up-to-date in case of appeal.
- Provide guidance on Company HR policy and procedure to Managers and Employees and escalate to RHRM for complex issues.
For more details about this role, please contact
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.