An exciting opportunity for HR Specialist
Your new role
The primary focus of the HR Specialist is providing coaching, challenge and guidance to senior managers and HR Business Partners on low and medium risk ER cases across any business units where the service has been agreed. The support provided is in several different ways; telephone based, face to face and email. The role is working in a fast paced, challenging environment, which needs the individual to demonstrate resilience and the ability to deliver.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to assess information to provide options and associated risks.
- Coaching and interpersonal skills, employing listening, assertiveness, tact and diplomacy in challenging situations and able to build rapport quickly.
- Ability to influence senior leaders to make balanced and sound judgements on controversial and difficult areas, and to understand the risks and implications if they fail to follow correct procedures. Gaining the commitment of senior leaders to take a different approach.
- Ability to communicate using appropriate styles, methods and timing to maximise understanding and impact.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Ability to prioritise a workload with competing demands and adhering to ways of working and escalation principles.
- Ability to assess data to determine trends and themes.
- Experience of an operational HR environment ideally with a Public Sector, SME background.
- A track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding environment.
- CIPD Qualified to Associate/Level 5 or an equivalent experience.
What you'll get in return
37 hours a week. based in Reading. 1 year contract. CIPD Qualified to Associate/Level 5 or an equivalent experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.