Leadership & Executive Development Manager
Your new company
Our client prominent financial services firm is on the search for an experienced Leadership & Executive Development Manager to join their Organisational Development & Capability team for 6 plus months starting ASAP.
Your new role
This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will be focused on the development of the senior leadership population at the firm. A critical focus of 2019 and moving forwards is to have a more structured group-wide approach to senior leadership development to lead the delivery of Group wide strategy, a refreshed Group purpose and to re-set the role of leaders across the business.
- Define and execution of leadership and talent investment strategy
- Scope and design of leadership interventions to develop leadership capability aligned to the organisations goals, in the first instance with the Top 100 population.
- Manage the succession process for Exco positions - working with Heads of HR to execute the process.
- Drives performance management of the senior leadership population by improving the alignment and calibration of objectives and the assessment of performance.
- Tracks and reports on the success of development interventions through agreed measures and course-corrects as necessary.
- Undertakes individual development planning with HiPo CEO/Exco successors to ensure appropriate robust plans are created and followed through.
- Manages coaching pool and allocation of coaches as well as providing 1:1 coaching support as required.
- Sources development programmes (including NED and trustee opportunities) for HiPos and manages relationships with suppliers
- Acts as trusted advisor to the business in all matters relating to developing senior talent and leadership
- Develops the use of Talent and Succession processes on Workday - working with the broader Talent Development team to ensure that the firm maximise the use of automated tools.
What you'll need to succeed
- Expert development professional with experience of sourcing, delivery and evaluation of senior leadership interventions
- Proven track record of influencing leaders at senior levels, including Executive Committee, able to challenge and inform
- Experience in driving succession discussion and creating debate on what's possible
- Understands performance metrics and how they can be used to influence behaviours
- Background in Financial Services/Tech organisation preferable
- Organised, driven, professional with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and ensure that commitments to delivery are met, works in a programmatic way to ensure delivery and follow up
- Degree or equivalent
- Coaching and Assessment/Development tool qualifications/certification
- An experienced facilitator and relationship builder
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.