HR Coordinator based in Chelmsford £28K
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity for a HR Coordinator has arisen for a growing organisation based in Chelmsford.
You will be joining an experienced and supportive team, providing support to the HR Manager and HR Advisors whilst providing guidance to 2 HR Assistants
Your new role
Management & Supervision
- Ensuring that the team meet strict deadlines and targets in accordance with internal KPIs.
- Monitor the quality of HR correspondence relating to new starters, leavers and contractual changes.
- Oversee and manage the central mailbox for all HR queries, including responding to or escalating enquiries and updating systems ensuring that we respond to all queries in a timely manner.
- Oversee key HR processes including new starters; pre-employment checks (including eligibility to work), appointment letters, provision of employment contracts and enter details onto the staff information and payroll system.
HR systems & processes
- To help maintain the accuracy of the data on the staff management and information system, undertaking periodic audits as required, including eligibility to work.
- Making recommendations for improving the departments processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide advice and training to new and existing managers on the use of the HR system to develop their knowledge.
- Support the HR Manager in producing monthly KPI reports using the staff management and information system.
HR administration support
- Providing advice, processing and monitoring Disclosure Baring Service (DBS) checks when they are required, keeping up to date with relevant legislation.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is being filed online correctly.
- Low level employee relations - maternity / paternity / absence management
- Monitor and review the probationary review process.
- Maintain sickness absence records
- Administer changes to employee's contractual terms and leavers.
- Respond to reference requests
- Note-take for various Employee Relations issues relating to Disciplinary, Grievance, Capability, Sickness absence management and Performance Management
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Payroll Manager; enter data and retrieve data from the electronic payroll system as and when required, regularly send pay related correspondence to a large number of employees
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Training Manager and Health and Safety team.
- Regularly send personnel related correspondence e.g. questionnaires and staff newsletters to a large number of employees
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience of working in a fast paced HR department is essential. You will be highly organised with strong administrative and communication skills. You will be used to managing your own workload and working to deadlines. Good attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure is crucial.
What you'll get in return
25 days holiday & Bank holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.