To provide high quality HR professional support and advice to clients to ascertain their business requirements and work with them to achieve it. To provide the full range of professional HR services to including support with employee relations casework, change management, learning and development, and recruitment.
As the HR Adviser you will be working for an excellent business to provide high quality HR professional support and advice to clients to ascertain their business requirements and work with them to achieve it. To provide the full range of professional HR services to including support with employee relations casework, change management, learning and development, and recruitment. To lead HR related project work when commissioned within the parameters of client policies, procedures, employment law and current best practice
As the HR Adviser you will be carrying out the bellow duties:
- To help ensure client retention through effective relationship management and also identify opportunities to develop and grow the service.
- To provide advice and support to clients on complex employee relations casework and projects ensuring that cases/ projects progress in accordance with client procedures, legislation and current best practice.
- To utilise the risk model to assess the level of support required by a client for each employee relations case and contribute to an effective strategy for case management.
- To draft complex written communications i.e. business cases, reports, letters as required.
- To interpret employment law/ legislation to review and develop HR policies and procedures as required.
- To provide advice to clients on complex terms and conditions of service including interpreting associated legislation.
- To design and deliver training events which reflect the outcomes identified by a client.
- To provide HR input to projects when required using project management principles.
- To record all cases onto a Casework Management System (Oracle Self Service Cloud).
- To provide information/data for reports as necessary.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues (including Sheffield Payroll and Admin team), clients, retained employees, external agencies and trade unions.
- To understand and participate in any quality assurance activity.
- To actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement/ change within the team, the Partnership and across HR Solutions seeking to improve service performance and client feedback.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken to meet KPI/PI and are in line with a client's contract specification.
- To promote values and policies
Key Skills required
* ER Casework, managing change programmes, restructures
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Able to compromise, be diplomatic and negotiate, be robust and assertive (not aggressive), stand ground
* Flexible on travel
* Professionally qualified at CIPD Level 7 or currently working towards or be prepared to work towards
* SEEK ADVICE & support when not sure!
- Ability to display effective interpersonal skills - written, verbal, influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to deal effectively with telephone/e-mail enquiries from diverse sources on a wide range of topics
- Experience of providing quality advice and guidance on high risk ER work
- Experience of consulting, negotiating and liaising with trade unions/staff representative groups
- Up to date Employment Law knowledge
- Ability to research and interpret complex data
- Experience of Project Management
- Experience of co-ordinating the implementation of major change
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload effectively within a deadline driven and changing environment, using initiative to make decisions and in sometimes stressful situations
- Effective team working skills
- IT literate (e.g. experience effectively using Microsoft Packages, Word/Excel/Email) and the aptitude to learn new systems
- Job evaluation; Hay trained
- L&D experience; the ability to deliver training sessions / workshops
- Recruitment; the ability to advise on recruitment methods and support campaigns
- Experience of developing client accounts; ability to identify areas of growth and expansion
Home based with travel to South Oxfordshire ( 2/3 days a week) but potentially to other sites (to provide ad hoc support) to Havant, Petersfield, Shepton Mallet and Fleet when required
10% Car allowance