An exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor based in Newbury
Your new role
- To provide managers with professional advice and guidance in all areas of HR policy and practice.
- To support, coach, and train managers in the application of HR Policy and Procedure.
- To provide advice and guidance to staff on HR related queries.
- To support managers and staff in employee relations issues including disciplinary and grievance hearings, and requests for changes to staff terms and conditions.
- To support the development and improvement of the performance management process, and ensure that this process is fully embedded within the organisation, providing reports for overall performance levels.
- Work with line managers on performance improvement, supporting managers and staff at formal meetings as required.
- To monitor and implement the absence management process working with occupational health and line managers to secure successful outcomes.
- To monitor and support staff who incur an injury at work, working with managers to reduce the risks to staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that personnel files/records are maintained correctly with all relevant data.
- To manage the Exit Interview process and provide bi-termly feedback through effective analysis to the Director of HR & Training.
- Co-ordination of Staff Survey Results and Feedback
- Maintenance and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the HR Operations Manager.
- To undertake specific HR projects that support the achievement of the operational HR strategic goals and the objectives of the organisation.
- Supporting work permit applications/ visa for existing members of staff.
- To support the HR Operations Manager in any ad hoc activities as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Full Membership of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Minimum 3 Years HR Advisory experience
- Excellent Appreciation & Understanding of Employment Law
- Proactive in the use of policy and procedure
- The ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Able to work and work in a clear and concise manner
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft Office, and HR Databases
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Capable of working in a changing work environment
- Calm, confident and friendly persona
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.