HR Advisor - 6 months
An Interim HR Advisor job in Farnham paying up to £34K pa supporting the HR Business Partner for 6 months.
Your new company
A large employer locally in Farnham.
Your new role
The HR Advisor will provide a proactive HR advice service to managers and staff across designated departments on a wide range of HR issues. It is imperative that candidates applying for this role are up to date on employment law and have previous experience of managing employee relations issues and coaching managers.
The HR Advisor will also become involved in particular projects, which will be defined through the Performance Development Review scheme.
- Key Responsibilities will include maintaining excellent working relationships with managers, particularly middle managers in providing advice and guidance on specific casework and recruitment to coach and build capacity of managers to deal effectively with employment related issues in accordance with policy and legislation.
- Under the guidance of HRBP, you will work with managers to support them in the management of absence, performance and conduct ensuring case work is carried through to conclusion in a timely and professional manner.
- These roles will be responsible for the effective coordination of maternity, paternity, shared parental leave requests and flexible working requests.
- They will work in close co-operation with Learning & Development Facilitators to support line managers and senior managers in their roles.
- To be jointly responsible with HRBP and be the first point of contact for the recruitment process supporting the administration and process for the recruitment, development and management of high calibre professional and support staff; the provision of advice to managers on the most appropriate recruitment media; ensuring that the organisations recruitment policies are followed by the department, up to and including induction.
- These roles will contribute to specific projects, for example producing and maintaining HR policies, procedures, flow charts, management guidance notes, template letters and fact sheets.
- To undertake job evaluations in accordance with framework.
- Maintain and promote equality and diversity
What you'll need to succeed
- CIPD Intermediate (Level 5) qualification and associate membership.
- Ability to demonstrate competent knowledge of employment law and how to apply best practice. Knowledge of international employment law would be desirable.
- Experience of inclusive practice within a diverse and international community.
- Ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm at all levels of the organisation confidently and effectively, ensuring sound HR advice and guidance is provided to non-HR specialists.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with managers and staff to provide expert professional HR advice and guidance on all aspects of HR.
- Take ownership of the successful resolution of customer queries either personally or in collaboration.
- Ability to track and manage projects and work flows to ensure their successful completion.
What you'll get in return
A salary of £30,000 - £34,000 PA, 25 days holiday, Company discount card
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.