Senior Business Partner/ HR Manager
Senior Business Partner/HR Manager
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Partner/HR Manager to support the Corporate business functions at ED&F Man and to have responsibility for delivering and managing the UK HR Operations function. This role will have its own client base and will be responsible for end-to-end HR service delivery. There is an opportunity to further develop HR Operations provision and so the ideal candidate will enjoy both client relations as well as effective delivery.
HR Operations also as support other groups based in the UK. The key to success in this role is being someone who wants to “own” projects and operational improvements, whilst having a full understanding of what is happening across various business units and how this leads back to work undertaken in the Operations space. This means you’ll need to be curious by nature and be able to take initiative and work autonomously when needed and be highly hands-on.
This role offers an experienced generalist the opportunity to play an influential role in shaping HR delivery for an HQ and business population based in the UK.Last, but not least, you’ll have responsibility for managing and motivating a team, so will need to have experience of getting the best out of people. You’ll need to set the strategy and vision for the team and work closely with them to achieve their own, and the business goals.
- Provide full generalist HR support to the corporate client group of approximately 100 people based in London, with a small number of people in North America and Asia Pac regions
- Partner with the Group Chief People Officer, Group Finance Director, Group Chief Operating Officer and Function Leaders to manage all day to day HR activities and core HR processes within the client group
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer on projects with global impact
- Actively build positive and trusting relationships within the client group and the broader HR community
- Utilise strong understanding of the corporate functions to support senior Function Leaders and line managers in forming and implementing people plans which relate to resourcing, team development, engagement, performance management, reward, talent and succession planning
- Advise on and independently manage employee relations issues within the client group
- The need is for a hands-on experienced HR Manager to deliver excellence in HR operations in support of Business Partners operating in the London HQ.
- Manage, coach and develop the HR Operations team (currently 3 employees)
- Work closely with in-house HR Systems, C&B, Global Mobility, Communications, L&D Leads to implement tailored business-relevant HR solutions.
- A strong interest in digitizing HR processes for increased efficiency, ease of use and simplicity.
- Strive to improve HR core processes such as those connected to employee life cycle administration, data management, employee query management and development activity administration.
- Take ownership for UK standard documents and policies ensuring that they are regularly reviewed and share UK practice globally where appropriate
- Act as the team expert in employee relations, sharing information and educating colleagues as appropriate
- Support global implementation of HR operational activities and enhancements
- Responsible for driving forward the GDPR compliance project for the global HR group
- Play an active role in the Incident Management Team
- Lead, direct, and motivate the HR Operations Team (currently 3 employees), ensuring the roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and communicated
- Set clear, stretching goals for the team, regularly assessing and discussing performance
- Recognise, celebrate and communicate our successes
- Role model leadership behaviours and company values, always being aware of your impact on the wider team
- Apply a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly looking for ways to enhance the quality of outputs from the team
- Play a strong role in the Global HR leadership team - HRLT
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience of working in a full generalist business partnering role
- Proven experience of managing a small team with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment and success
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Naturally detail conscious and organised
- A strong understanding of employment law, with an ability to translate this into simple concepts for managers
- Demonstrable experience of managing employee relations cases
- An ability to take initiative, roll up your sleeves and have a “hands-on” approach
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work to tight deadlines, and be able to deal with competing priorities
- An ability to take initiative and work without close supervision is essential
- A strategic thinker with the ability to analyse, prioritise, generate ideas, make proposals, gain buy-in and implement solutions effectively
- You’ll need to be an ambitious and highly motivated self-starter with commitment to quality and professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business.
We source, store, process, ship and distribute agricultural products including sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things.
As part of the annual performance review, all employees are measured either against a set of five Leadership Essentials if you are a people manager or four Performance Essentials if you are an individual contributor.
1. Drives Innovation
2. Leads People
3. Delivers Results
5. Manages Resources
1. Drives Innovation
2. Leads People
3. Delivers Results
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.