Personnel Support - Full Time Regular OR Spare Time Reserve
£18,800 After Training + Benefits
In your role as a Personnel Support in the RAF, you will enjoy a diverse, exciting and highly rewarding career. Wherever the RAF is based, there is a Personnel Support team ready to provide a professional service to personnel of all specialisations, including those in the RAF Reserve.
You can expect to work up close to flying operations on RAF bases and at military locations in the UK and overseas. You will have opportunities to volunteer for positions in places like the USA, Cyprus and with NATO forces in Europe and will deploy overseas to use your skills on operations in Afghanistan, the Middle East and the Falkland Islands. You may find yourself delivering Personnel Support Services on RAF squadrons operating the latest aircraft such as Voyager, Chinook, Typhoon and F35 Lightning II or as a member of the Personnel Support Team and display support team with the Red Arrows. You will also have the opportunity to work at the most senior levels of the RAF, Defence and NATO in Headquarters in the UK and Europe.
- Be aged 16 – 47 years old (Must attest before 48th birthday)
- Have GCSE at Grade C/4-5 or SCE Standard Grades at Grade 2/Scottish National 5 (Grade A–C) in English Language and Maths. (Waivers may be considered for professional qualifications and experience)
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/other nationality or have been a Commonwealth Citizen since birth
- Commit minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training
- Meet the health and fitness criteria
- Pass the Airman Selection Test
- Pass a General Fitness Test
Advising on and administering; pay and allowances; movements, travel and accommodation; performance appraisals.
Preparing RAF personnel for deployment to operations and military exercises and supporting them throughout, often deploying with and working alongside them.
TRAINING YOU’LL RECEIVE
Your career will start with a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course at RAF Halton in Buckinghamshire. The course is designed to help you adjust to a military environment. As well as fitness and military training, you’ll also learn about the RAF lifestyle.
The next step is an 8-week specialist training course at the Personnel Administration Training Wing at MOD Worthy Down in Hampshire. During the course, you will learn about Personnel and HR administration in the UK Armed Forces in general and the RAF. You will be enrolled on an Advanced Apprenticeship which includes a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration.