HR Manager - 30hrs p/w
This is a role for someone with people management experience, CIPD qualified, generalist who has a passion for the third sector and making a difference in peoples lives.
The client is a third sector organisation in Edinburgh who are committed to their values, service users and employees and the HR function plays a central part in this. The HR manager will have communications across all elements of the organisation, and be entrusted with overseeing the day to day running of the HR team while also developing the team.
Key responsibilities include;
- Case management experience; able to take control of cases and make clear and informed decisions while also controlling escalations from line management and lower level HR.
- Ad hoc projects to contribute to the organisations strategic goals
- People Management - developing the team members in all aspects of their job
- Overseeing recruitment - developing new recruitment strategies and processes
- Producing reports and other administration tasks where required
- Ensuring there is open communication with the head of the department
- Making yourself available to the rest of the organisation to ensure they know that HR is available to help at all times
- Working to the organisations values throughout everything you do and keeping them at the heart of the function.
The successful candidate will be;
- subject to a disclosure Scotland & reference requests
- CIPD qualified
- be a manager or has been a manager in previous roles
- have excellent interpersonal & administration skills
- be able to confidently handle ER cases and escalations
- have an understanding of employment law (understanding of contracts, ACAS code of practice and the equality act)
- align with the organisations core values
- experienced in managing recruitment processes
On offer for the candidate is an excellent working enviornment, an HR Manager position with complete flexibility, a permanent opportunity with a growing organisation within the third sector.