Your new company
Our client is a highly established commercial organisation based in Andover, Hampshire. Seeking to recruit a HR Officer on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Human Resources Manager by providing end to end generalist support to the employees of the business. Responsible for the employee relations processes such as recruitment, maternity/paternity/parental planning, disciplinary and grievance issues. As HR Officer you will contribute to the development of HR policies and coordinate employee Training and Development.
- To provide effective advice and support to employees and managers on the full range of Company HR policies and procedures including maternity, paternity, holiday, and Company benefit entitlements
- Maintaining HR database, employee records and files, ensuring that all documentation is prepared to the highest quality and accuracy standards and takes into account relevant legislation and employment law, monthly payroll changes are administered correctly and in good time.
- Liaise with the Payroll Department in respect of information provided for payroll and employee benefits to include; Informing of new starters, leavers and changes to terms and conditions. Eligibility for employee benefits.
- To coordinate employee recruitment and selection process:
- Appointing and liaising with recruitment partners, making recommendations for the PSL;
- Liaising with recruiting managers throughout the recruitment and selection process
- To support Head Office Managers with their new employee Inductions, Orientation and Onboarding:
- Prepare and send out as directed employee offers; contracts and other relevant documents including reference requests and ensure the correct administration of returned paperwork;
- Manage the induction process for new starters
- Ensure day to day HR administrative duties are carried out to a high standard:
- Maintain accurate employee absence records e.g. sickness, holiday and special leave;
- Maintain, update and circulate on a regular basis all UK organisational charts.
- Support line managers with the leavers process including arrangements for exit interviews
- Benefits administration and employee communications
- Support with performance reviews and appraisals
- Provide advice to managers and staff on Company policies and procedures and employment law at the appropriate level.
- Provide advice and support relevant employees with any disciplinary and grievance issues including; conducting investigations, taking and typing up notes of meetings and implementing any paperwork and follow up actions.
- To support, and where appropriate lead HR projects
What you'll need to succeed
- CIPD qualified with previous HR generalist experience
- Experience of advising on various areas such as disciplinary procedures, grievances, sickness, absence, terms and conditions, performance, maternity etc
- Sound knowledge of HR practice and UK employment Legislation
- Advanced Computer Literacy to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access (or database equivalent)
What you'll get in return
- Base salary of £30,000
- Employee Purchase Scheme
- Group Personal Pension
- Group Life Protection
- Critical Illness Cover
- Group Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- "Cycle to Work" Scheme
- The Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Recognition of Loyalty and Contribution Awards
- Annual Leave - Employees receive 33 days A/L per holiday year (1 April to 31 March) inclusive of public holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.