Main Purpose of Job
Provide seamless, accurate and efficient administration across a wide range of disciplines.
Be a trusted advisor and support to the Director – HR, MD, Department and Regional Managers and staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1.1 Provide a central Human Resources support facility for STR (International) ensuring that all HR administration, processes and procedures are carried out accurately and in the most timely and effective manner. Ensure effective processes are established and adhered to.
- Review the HR processes so that consistency is maintained across the entire STR International business for all HR administrative activities. Creation and up keep of process to capture and report on HR data, including headcount, turnover, sickness.
- Produce headcount, turnover and other HR Data reports for Senior Managers and the Executive Leadership Team.
- Collect, analyse data and make recommendations to Managers and MD regarding proposed salaries for new starters and for annual salary review process.
- Review salaries and benefits when required to ensure the Company remains competitive and able to attract the right caliber of staff.
- Negotiate with third parties to secure competitive quotes for staff benefits.
- Maintain HRIS ensuring data is entered accurately and in a timely manner. Responsible for physical and online employee files are kept up to date. Run monthly and ad hoc reports as required.
- In conjunction with Managers, write job descriptions. Advise on best recruitment method, draft and place adverts accordingly and carry out first stage screenings.
- Track recruitment activity and negotiating terms with head hunters and recruitment agencies, organize interviews and following up.
- Collate payroll information, including joiners, leavers and company changes for the Finance department.
- Oversee the new joiner onboarding process, including paperwork, liaising with IT and other internal departments as required.
- Conduct the first day HR induction for new joiners.
- Set up of new staff on relevant internal and external systems such as benefits platform, HRIS.
- Produce offer letters, contracts of employment, contractual changes and review letters and other HR documentation.
- Keep organisation charts up to date by updating the HRIS system with real time information.
- Assist in conducting annual training needs analysis, identify priorities and help develop core modules or source providers.
- Monitor sickness absence and work with Managers to proactively identity and resolve potential issues
- Oversee the performance review process, ensuring reviews are completed by Managers for all staff and appropriate objectives are set.
- Conduct and analyse exit interviews exiting staff and other administration of off-boarding staff.
- Maintain and track HR expenses in line with the HR Budget.
- Continue to create and develop the STR International Wellbeing strategy.
1.2 Be first point of contact for HR queries and ensure they are resolved quickly and efficiently. Know when to escalate issues
- Develop and maintain all personnel policies and procedures. Resolve queries and requests from staff within policy guidelines. Advise Managers on policy and procedure matters.
- Ensure policies are communicated to all Staff in a timely manner.
- Ensure each business is legally compliant at all times.
- Give advice and support to Manger’s regarding any performance issues. Handle low level disciplinary, grievance and capability issues, keeping the Director – HR and MD fully informed.
- Provide risk management advice to the Managers and MD.
- Organise and manage all aspects of the family-friendly processes including maternity, paternity, adoption, parental and unpaid leave and oversee re-integration on return from leave.
1.3 Work constantly to improve HR service across the Company
- Constantly seek ways to improve processes to offer a more efficient, streamlined service.
- Identify areas of commonality across the whole of STR and work with the Managers to develop new ways of working, processes and policies.
- Generate ideas and new approaches, constantly pushing forward the boundaries of the HR team within STR.
- Build relationships with regional offices to ensure the consistency of approach on HR procedures and processes.
- Work on both departmental and companywide projects as required.
1.4 Commit to being an active member of the team and to on-going personnel and professional development
- Provide management information to MD as required.
- Contribute fully to the wider STR business. Participate in ad hoc projects as required.
- Be responsible for all ensuring staff and managers are aware of and adhere to relevant employment legislation as it affects them.
- Keep up to date with market and legal developments in the HR arena.
- Have a deep knowledge of and actively adhere to all STR processes and policies.
- Ensure the STR brand is evident to staff at all times.
- Understand and adhere to the STR mission, vision and values.
- Actively seek to foster positive working relationships by treating the team, colleagues and managers with respect, dignity, and consideration.
Attention to detail
An eye for detail in terms accuracy is essential and the ability to take responsibility for the accuracy of HR data.
Confident with working with sensitive confidential information.
Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Organising & Planning
Ability to prioritise and remain clam under pressure and deal with changing situations and priorities.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully; develops alternative solutions; works well both as a sole contributor and in group problem solving.
Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
Safety & Security
Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent knowledge of HR processes and policies. In depth working knowledge of U.K. employment law and how to apply it. Previous experience in an owner led, global organisation would be an advantage as would experience of working in Asia Pacific.
Experience of using HR systems an advantage. Must have excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
Must be customer orientated with a willing and can do attitude but also able to take a firm line as needed.
Education and Qualifications
Minimum A levels.
CIPD qualification preferred.