Payroll Controller UK
The role of Payroll Controller is responsible for the completion/review and compute of all payroll input, such as Starters, Leavers, changes in to the system both integrated and non-integrated. To be able to work to tight deadlines as required in order to deliver the monthly payroll. A team player whose main purpose is to support the payroll function in its entirety through measurable controls, and is able to work closely with Payroll Co-ordinators to ensure the successful delivery of compliant Payroll within all legal, HMRC and SOX audit requirements.
This role will manage large volumes of the communication in and outbound from the payroll team by methods including email and phone, and will be key point of contact. An integral part of the organisational and control structure of the payroll team model, including as required to be an appropriate back up for key responsibilities within the team in the absence of the UK & IRE Payroll Supervisor.
- Primarily reviewing and computing starters, leavers, fixed, and variable changes. Accountability for checking payroll colleagues' calculations prior to entry on to the Payrite system, and performing output checks/balances as appropriate.
- Review eligibility, processing of documents and calculation of payments/ refunds necessary for all Statutory leaves, Tax, NIC's. Ensure compliance for RTI purposess.
- Creating and running regular reports required for audit during payroll processing.
- Payroll Control of the Yellow Book including monthly reconciliation.
- Assist with monthly payroll reports including salary accounts, nominal journals, SLA reports,
and all payroll system reports required.
- Assist with production of ad-hoc reports for managers/directors on request
- Assist with production of information required for auditors
- Maintain payroll metrics for monthly scorecard for HR Operations.
- Produce EOY, P11D BIK and facilitating any EYU adjustments as required.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.