Snr HR Manager - 12 month contract with a great business
Job Title: Senior HR Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Location: Central London, West-End
Start Date: Ideally by the end of April
Salary: Up to £50k per annum
We really like this client…
Our client in London is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to work as a Senior HR Manager (maternity cover). This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to get involved with the day to day activities of HR in a busy global business as well as make a positive impact on processes and culture in the UK, US and Germany.
What will be keeping you busy?
The responsibilities of the Senior HR Manager include but are not limited to:
- Provide support, guidance and coaching to managers relating to employee relations, performance management and training and development
- Drive all recruitment activity (with the support of the HR Advisor) to ensure both internal and external talent is identified and utilised within the UK, US and Germany
- Alongside the Group HRD deliver organisational structural changes in line with objectives and support as requested with the design and development of global initiatives
- Design, deliver and evaluate learning and development initiatives internally and support with the coordination of external training
- Coach and develop Line Managers to ensure that they are given all the tools they need to manage their team effectively
- Take the lead on internal recruitment initiatives to ensure all roles are opened up to internal talent and teams are supported with facilitating the internal moves
- Ensure HR initiatives, policies and processes are implemented in line with the company ethos and direction
- Manage the appraisal and performance management process in UK, US and Germany to ensure timely completion and proactive follow up
- Provide updates on all changes to employment law, which affects the company and its employees, and ensures that company policies are kept in line with these.
- Full responsibility for the UK payroll including providing data to the Finance team, checking monthly reports and identifying potential errors to employee payments
- Manage internal benefits alongside the 3rd party provides in the UK and US
- With the support of the HR Advisor create all documentation required to confirm any changes to employee terms and conditions
- Manage the new starter process from contract creation, onboarding and induction planning, equipment preparation, system upload and probationary reviews to ensure all new starters have a great experience when they join the business
- Delivers data and insight to the Group and other key stakeholders as and when requested
- Deliver adhoc HR projects as and when requested
Who are we looking for?
We are after an experienced HR generalist with at least 5 years solid HR experience. If you have worked in media, fashion or luxury retail industries that would be a bonus but is not essential. If you have exposure to working in a creative business then it might be advantageous but your skills will be transferrable.
You should be someone that is used to working autonomously with a strong degree of resilience. You will be working with great colleagues but you should be someone that is willing to push-back. HR is going through a transformation here and because of this they want someone that can take stakeholders with them and show them what great HR looks like.
You will be a great communicator (both written and oral) and you should have the ability to engage people at all levels. You will be organized and able to manage expectations effectively. You will also be someone that is able to think outside the box in order to offer creative solutions to the business.
We want to see people with a strong work ethic that are able to balance business as usual requirements alongside project work.
Why not send us your CV and we can tell you more about this fantastic client.