Senior Occupational Health Advisor - Birmingham
We are currently seeking a Senior Occupational Health Advisor to be based in Birmingham with UK travel. You will be joining a rapidly evolving organisation, the Occupational Health Advisor will be at the core of the companies health and wellbeing initiatives.
The role will involve mentoring other health professionals and actively support the clinical governance network with the goal of supporting the growth of a dynamic occupational health business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with customers at a Medical Centre or customer site, to provide support, advice and guidance to managers and employees in relation to sickness absence, workplace environment, risk assessment, stress management and return to work following absence
- Propose and implement an improved absence management strategy;
- Provide advice and support to managers and HR regarding staff who are considered incapable of undertaking their normal duties and responsibilities whilst working within the guidelines of customer policy;
- Conduct health surveillance and medical assessments, including the undertaking of fitness for work assessments in safety critical posts
- Maintain up to date knowledge of legislation and best practice relating to all Occupational Health issues
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health (and be on Part 3 of NMC Register) or be working towards this with evidence of continual professional development.
- The ability to produce clear and concise reports to managers.
- The ability to carry out medicals / surveillance including audiometry, spirometry, skin assessment, HAVS and safety critical medicals and Case Management
- Be able to work closely and effectively with HR, health and safety professionals and our occupational health partners in order to provide an efficient and cost-effective service to our customers.
Interested? Please contact James Baron or Ben Higgins on 01582 235500 to discuss further.
Apply for Senior Occupational Health Advisor - Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly