HR Manager - Part time 22.5 hours
A Part time HR Manager job in Haslemere paying c£38,250 pa FTE supporting a small multi site organisation.
Your new company
A small multi-site organisation with c250 staff requires an HR Manager on a part time basis, either 3 full days or school hours across 5 days (22.5 hours).
Your new role
Working as a standalone HR Manager with sole responsibility for the day to day HR operations for a family owned group of businesses spread across a wide range of activities. Managing the Payroll for the group of approximately 250 staff and overseeing the Payroll Officer who manages the payroll function.
- Advising local business managers in dealing with any complex ER issues such as absence management, performance & capability issues.
- Dealing with employee lifecycle - issuing of employee contracts, induction plans and employee welcome packs to new joiners. Issuing variation of contracts to staff with any contractual changes.
- Issuing of letters to staff who have successfully completed their probationary period.
- Compiling resignation acceptance letters for leavers and updating payroll.
- Updating of HR policies and procedures in line with legislation to ensure compliance. Regularly reviewing company policies and implementing new policies in line with business needs.
- Dealing with any employee disputes, liaising with Line Managers in handling any complex grievance hearings.
- Conducting disciplinary hearings whilst working closely with Line Managers in providing advice and guidance, conducting hearings and issuing paperwork.
- Supporting Managers with recruitment process by updating job descriptions, advertising vacancies, interviewing candidates and issuing job offer and contracts to new joiners.
- Working with external training providers to identify suitable training courses for staff to ensure they are upskilled where necessary.
- Liaising with Occupational Health assessors to carry out medical assessments on staff with long term sickness.
- Dealing with any maternity, paternity or adoption cases, calculating entitlements and issuing all correspondence to employees.
- Conduct any meetings with staff requesting flexible working arrangements following their maternity leave.
- From time to time working with Managing Director on acquisitions and disposals which include due diligence work & possible staff consultation meetings.
- Administering the pension schemes for the Company which includes an auto enrolment scheme and two separate company pension schemes.
- Updating the pensionable pay figures on an annual basis.
- Communicate any changes in auto enrolment contribution changes to staff.
- Uploading and processing the monthly contributions schedules.
- Responsible for enrolment of new joiners and re enrolment of members into the auto enrolment pension scheme every 3 years.
- Check the monthly payroll for all 14 sites and produce monthly reports. Regularly review all payroll documentation to ensure it is up to date.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous payroll experience. At least 5 years HR experience working. Ability to work with little supervision. High level of attention to detail. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Effective communicator, to be able to build strong working relationships with Line Managers. Working within multi sited environment (advantageous). CIPD Level 5 or higher.
What you'll get in return
A flexible opportunity in a family run organisation, paying c£38,250 pa FTE. On site parking and great professional development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.