Management System Improvement Manager, £85,000, London
Project and Management System Improvement Manager, £85,000, London
To optimise process performance across the business and facilitate the smooth and effective introduction of changes, including new business areas.
To provide leadership and direction for the development and continuous improvement of the organisation's management system, coupled with hands-on project management.
To support the Management Board in developing a culture of systematic management and accountability.
- Supports the Management Board, facilitating the implementation of the business strategy through development and effective implementation of the management system.
- Provides a critical link between day to day operational activities and the strategic management of the business. Promotes open, honest two way communication.
- Project manage the smooth development and implementation of new business areas, improvement projects and organisational changes; including:
- Take overall responsibility for the successful, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Acts as "product owner" for new business areas until they are established.
- Identify, assess and control project risks and opportunities.
- Ensure open communication and provide opportunity for key stakeholders to express opinions and concerns.
- Monitor and report progress.
- Ensuring any new and revised requirements are integrated into the organisations business management system and processes.
- Invigorate and streamline the business management system to ensure that it serves the business and adds value at all levels, including:
- Creating a simple and effective architecture for the documented management system.
- Establish a dashboard of business-focussed measures and establish reliable data collection and analysis methods and responsibilities.
- Establishing a value adding, business focussed management review process.
- Manage the updating and streamlining of management system documentation.
- Implementing effective processes for managing change, identifying and managing risk, process improvement, corrective action, lessons learned and sharing of good practice.
- Establish a business focussed, risk-based audit schedule.
- Day to day management:
- Identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Liaising with the compliance and risk functions to ensue controls are embedded effectively in operational processes.
- Carrying out internal audits and supporting other part time auditors; facilitation of external audits.
- Collection, analysis and reporting of data for projects and the management system overall.
- Facilitate the ongoing review and updating of documents and procedures.
- Facilitating management review.
- Maintaining ISO 9001 certification and liaison with the certification body.
You will have excellent people skills, and the ability to engage and get buy-in at all levels across the business. You will be emotionally intelligent and have patience and empathy whilst being persistent and tenacious. You will be diplomatic, yet willing and able to give clear and direct feedback, offer constructive challenge, and hold others to account. You will use your influencing, coaching and facilitation skills to get things done, build high levels of trust and take difficult decisions when necessary. You will be a team player, driven and motivated by achieving successful outcomes for the organisation.
You need to be a strategic thinker who understands the commercial drivers of the business and the industry, and will also be happy to be hands on, including writing documents and procedures where necessary.
You will be a self-starter, driving the improvement agenda and proactively networking with others in and outside the organisation. You will be comfortable and credible with senior management.
You will be a skilled project manager, working with stakeholders to identify steps needed to achieve results, right first time. You will pay attention to necessary detail whilst being pragmatic and not bureaucratic.
- A proven track record of working with top teams including cross functional and international working, at a strategic level.
- 5 years experience of professional services industries.
- Project management and change management experience.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Emotionally intelligent with excellent communication and people skills.
- A practical understanding of processes and process improvement.
- A thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2015 as a management tool, together with well-developed audit skills.
- An enthusiastic, resilient optimist with a can-do approach and a strong drive to improve.
- Analytical with ability to perform evidence/data-based analysis and draw logical conclusions
- A relevant post-graduate qualification
- A project management qualification
- 5 plus years experience of managing cross functional change and business improvement projects
- Senior management and / or management consultancy experience
- Experience of implementing and maintaining and ISO 9001 quality management system
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- A trained Lead Auditor with experience of whole system auditing.
- Significant leadership and management training