Payroll & HR Assistant
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a globally renowned Retail and Fashion brand, to be based at their Head Office in St. Albans. They are looking for a Payroll & HR Assistant to join the company on a 9 month FTC, to start asap, with strong likelihood to go permanent.
This is an ideal position for an experienced candidate who has strong exposure processing payroll and dealing with general HR duties, alternatively for someone with a few years' HR experience looking to make the move into payroll. The candidate must be numerate, proactive, a great team player, willing to learn and a strong communicator across all levels.
As a Payroll & HR Assistant, your key responsibilities will be:
- Issue contracts and offer letters
- Process starters and leavers and changes on the system
- Maintain full and accurate records for auditing purposes
- Assist with administration for salary reviews, bonus letters and report when necessary
- Collate information to process payroll with regards to absence, sickness etc.
- Process payroll ensuring accurate calculations for tax, N.I, etc.
- Provide cover and support for HR team and Payroll Supervisor as and when required
- Ensure the overall perception of payroll professionalism is maintained
The ideal candidate will:
- Be numerate with a strong eye for attention to detail
- Good knowledge of systems and Microsoft packages
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to proactively take initiative, provide solutions to problems and work independently
- ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in retail would be bonus
- Previous experience either within a HR or Payroll capacity with the view to move into a more Payroll-focused role
On offer for the candidate is a competitive salary, company benefits, parking, and the strong likelihood for the role to become permanent.