Interim HR Manager
Interim HR Manager 3/6 months based in Basildon. £60K
Your new company
Responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the transactional HR service to the business in all key areas such as development, engagement, recruitment, performance management, employee relations and administration. In addition, you will support the Finance and IT functions, working with Functional Directors to oversee the development of the function across Europe and its employees, based in the office or working remotely in the field.
Your new role
- Support the annual employee engagement survey, including working with the Functional Directors and focus groups to drive subsequent actions through to successful completion.
- To support, administer and track the annual performance and development process, providing coaching and training on all aspects to support both managers and employees, in particular in relation to setting meaningful performance and development objectives.
- Work with managers on identifying training needs across all departments and provide coaching and support on solutions to those development gaps
- Provide guidance on recruitment activities of manager-plus level hires across the function, ensuring that we bring in high calibre, talented employees with runway for the future.
- To provide support, advice and guidance to managers and employees concerning local HR issues in order to ensure subsequent actions are in line with the needs of the business and within the local law
- To facilitate and provide an independent view in disciplinary / grievance investigations and hearings to ensure such matters are conducted in line with the Company policy and procedure and local laws
- To provide the link between the Company and the Unions / recognised bodies as appropriate and with any internal associate forums
- To ensure that UK-based "blue-collar" recruitment is carried out in line with the needs of the business, following internal approval processes and supporting the recruiting manager with interviews and new starter on/boarding processes
- Coordinate internal training courses across Europe
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have experience at a similar level for a minimum of 5 years. You will be CIPD qualified or equivalent and have the flexibility to travel when required. A thorough knowledge of UK Employment Law is essential and experience of dealing with HR matters in other European countries would be advantageous. Strong interpersonal skills are required as you will be working with stakeholders in numerous locations throughout Europe.
What you'll get in return
A 3/6 month contract with a large international organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.