Reward and HR System Manager
Reward and HR System Manager
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL is seeking a highly credible and collaborative individual to be our new Reward and HR Systems Manager who will be responsible for providing a high-quality reward, benefits and HR systems management strategy. This will also include providing in-house expert advice on policy, system and analytics for ZS both domestically in the UK (for the Institute of Zoology, London and Whipsnade Zoo) and overseas for our 9 country offices. Reporting directly to the Head of HR this key repurposed position will take responsibility for strategically delivering efficient HR data insight and monitoring activities across the organisation by leading on the development of the HR system (iTrent) and direction data analytics should take to ensure it is developed and maintained to both comply with legislation and meet the needs of ZSL.
This senior management role requires a confident, resilient and proactive individual who is capable of making operational decisions under pressure and can think strategically. We are a team with great ambition that continuously seeks to improve our approach. This is a fantastic and exciting new opportunity for the successful candidate to take on a senior post within an established international organisation.
The Successful Applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be a qualified Chartered Member of CIPD or have an equivalent level of proven work experience.
- Extensive experience of creating and implementing a HR & Reward Policies and managing the changes in-house.
- Have recognised working knowledge of the tax implications and legal compliance requirements of reward, including salary sacrifice schemes.
- Proven experience of job evaluation schemes and carrying out salary reviews and benchmarking surveys.
- Excellent people management skills with a record of both developing staff and project management skills.
- Extensive experience of using HR databases (preferably iTrent) and other IT systems.
- Commercial acumen with sharp analytical skills and strategic knowledge and credibility of driving change, influencing senior stakeholders and implementing best practice where necessary.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Head of HR. The post will be based at ZSL’s offices in Regents Park however may require the role holder to work from Whipsnade Zoo. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
What's on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
To see the full job description, please view the support document.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Wednesday 1st May 2019.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.