HR Advisor - 6 month FTC
Fyte HR are actively sourcing an HR Advisor to join their clients established HR team based in Edinburgh on a 6 month FTC. Reporting to the Head of People and working alongside another advisor as well as HR support staff you will be working together to deliver a proactive and comprehensive range of HR services across the business, ensuring that policies and procedures are interpreted and applied consistently across the organisation.
- To provide advice and support to stakeholders regarding a comprehensive range of operational staff management issues, coordinating and leading investigations concerning, capability, appeals, discipline and grievance, in order to ensure that issues which put the organisation at risk are dealt with competently at a senior, experienced level.
- To advise and assist managers and staff in the job analysis and job evaluation process using the Agenda for Change methodology.
- To co-ordinate and participate in job matching, analysis, job evaluation, and grading appeals, in order to contribute effectively to achieving consistency and fairness of job banding across the organisation
- To advise and assist managers on the effective operation of the performance management system and knowledge and skills framework.
- To prepare and coach Managers in the handling of staff performance issues, preparing individual improvement plans where necessary and providing advice and support in cases that lead to capability or disciplinary action. Ensure staff training needs are met and that the performance of staff is reviewed regularly and managed effectively.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Graduate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), or studying towards this
- Demonstrable experience in a busy generalist HR role
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative to deadlines
- Good skills in researching and writing procedures and reports
- Good working knowledge of employment law and contract law and evidence of its application within a work context
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.