Regional HR Business Partner
My client is looking for a Regional HR Business Partner to provide a range of Generalist HR services - strategic and operational - to circa 25 sites across the UK. This role will involve regular nationwide travel and overnight stays circa 1-2 days per week.
Our client is a national business, and a leading player in their specialist field.
- To work in partnership with the business unit to set and deliver a people plan aligned with the people strategy and business objectives.
- To partner the leadership team within the business unit, playing a key part as an integrated member of the management team, serving as a consultant on strategic people related issues and acting as an employee champion and change agent.
- To create effective relationships across the HR function to deliver value-added service that reflects the business objectives, contributing to HR strategic projects as required.
- Support the embedding and development of a positive safety culture at all levels across the business unit.
- Agree an annual people plan with the business unit leadership team aligned with the business unit objectives and the people strategy.
- Support the business unit in building an engaged workforce ensuring there are adequate levels of skills, expertise and resource in the function through effective man-power planning, performance management, talent reviews and succession plans.
- Act as the HR Business Partner for the relevant leadership team, representing the HR agenda and providing support and challenge to the team and supporting the leader in building, leading, managing performance, coaching and mentoring and supporting personal and professional development.
- Maintain positive internal stakeholder relationships across the business unit and HR function as appropriate to ensure that all key stakeholders have the most relevant information as necessary.
- Working effectively with the HR Shared Service team and the Centres of Expertise to deliver a seamless and effective HR service to the business.
- Manage HR documentation confidentially and in-line with the Data Protection Act, maintaining integrity of electronic/hard copy files and document storage and complying with audit requests.
To apply for this Regional HR Business Partner role, your profile will closely match:
- Experience of working as an HRBP on a regional/national basis.
- A track record of HR business partnering in a similar sized organisation / FTSE 250 business.
- Experience of working with Centres of Expertise/HR Shared Service Centre.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Experience in building, maintaining and developing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding and knowledge of HR best practice and employment legislation.
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent or working towards.
- Coaching/mentoring qualification or evidence of continuing development.
- Ability to communicate fluently and concisely.
- Ability to develop stakeholder relationships and to use these to deliver effective people plans and objectives.
- Ability to interpret people data and information to identify trends, issues and opportunities.
- Ability to move from the strategic to the tactical whenever necessary.
This role has a nationwide remit - from Scotland to the South West - and will involve overnight stays circa 1-2 times per week.
The MD for the business unit is based near Oxford, so any candidates based near Oxford, or near the M4 would be well placed for this role.
This Regional HR Business Partner role offers:
- Car allowance worth £6250, or car plus fuel card.
- 25% bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holiday.
- Pension - max 7% employee and 6% employer.
- Share Save scheme.