Field Service Engineer
My client are looking for a self-driven, motivated individual that is excited about becoming an integral part of their new European service team. Responsibilities include the installation, service and maintenance, configuration and testing of lasers and laser based systems.
My client are a market leader in mass spectroscopy automation and sample introduction, recognized internationally for their innovative products. The company is headquartered in the USA, with the photonics R&D and manufacturing division based in the USA. Their European operation is based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, UK. My client sells products globally and has offices in several locations worldwide. On the cutting edge in mass spectroscopy technology their products utilize the latest technologies in lasers, optics, electronics and instrumentation.
The successful candidate will provide advanced, remote and onsite customer technical support for the installation, assembly, alignment, and test of complex optical systems, components, and solid-state lasers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Installation of new laser ablation systems at customer sites throughout Europe with intermittent global commitments. Working in optical wavelengths ranging from deep UV (193nm) to infrared (10um), including but not limited to, Excimer, CO2, Nd:YAG, deep UV Femtosecond and, Diode pumped lasers.
- Provide critical on-site customer service and maintenance of the NWR Laser ablation systems
- Work alongside with customers providing training and technical support both onsite and remotely.
- Gather customer data and viewpoints and, provide product issue data to engineering and marketing.
- Perform on-site calibration, characterization and final acceptance testing of laser ablation systems.
- Troubleshoot product performance issues and work with engineering to solve problems and implement product and manufacturing improvements.
- Troubleshoot product performance issues and work with engineering to solve problems and implement product and manufacturing improvements via ECO’s and new product design.
- Install, repair, align and test optical delivery systems, and configure beam conditioning devices.
- Test electrical and mechanical assemblies.
- Calibrate, maintain, and assemble optical test equipment.
- Rebuild and align laser resonators/harmonic modules, and complex optical components.
- Creation of training materials and acceptance documents.
- £30,000 - £37,500 depending on experience
- £8,000 car allowance and other bonus/benefits
- Minimum of 2 years of field service and customer support experience required.
- Formal qualifications in physics and/or photonics preferred however a candidate with experience of working with lasers, optics, photonics, and electronics technology will be considered.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK, Europe and occasionally globally is essential.
- Hands on experience with the assembly and test of solid state laser resonators and complex optical systems.
- Working knowledge of laser laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, optical power meters, laser beam analyzers, laser drive electronics, and autocollimators.
- General understanding of laser design, and laser safety.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Clean room experience is preferred.
- Experience in cleaning and bonding of optical components is preferred but not essential.
- Travel is required, a minimum of half the working week
All conversations will be held with the upmost confidentiality.
If you would like to know more about this role prior to application, please call or email:
Ryan Cooper –
01582 345 533
07984 381 549
RecruitFit reference: RC/E/HU
RecruitFit operate as a Recruitment agency and cover positions across the UK.
RecruitFit work across all sectors of work and offer vacancies from trainee to director level.