DVV Media is the UK division of DVV Media GmbH, the professional publishing arm of parent company Rheinsche Post, a regional newspaper publisher in Germany. We specialise in market leading event and print and online publications in the transport and logistics and HR markets.
Our head office is in Sutton. We have around 92 staff in the UK – based in Sutton, London, Leyland and Bromley.
DVV Media are looking for an experienced HR Generalist who will work alongside our current HR Manager to be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organisation by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR practices while facilitating a positive relationship between employees and senior management.
- Delivering effective support to the business, ensuring operational excellence across all aspects of the HR function
- Provide advice and support to managers on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Advising colleagues on company policy, and assist with the development and implementation of new policies
- Being a first port of call for employee relations
- Maintaining up-to-date, accessible and accurate HR records
- Supporting and providing advice to staff members
- Issue contracts of employment
- Support managers and employees in disciplinary and grievance procedures and make sure company policy is adhered to.
- Support managers with the recruitment process
- Ensure Health and Safety is implemented throughout the business
- Exit interviews
- Dealing with resignations
- Letters for promotions or changes to roles
- Support company training and manage the training budget
- Oversee and support delegates participating in the DVV Media Management Academy
Key skills and experience
- 4 + years in a generalist HR role
- Good, up to date knowledge of employment law
- CIPD qualified
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach
- Strong attention to detail
Part time hours – 16 per week – some flexibility around days worked.
Salary dependent on experience – up to £42k pro rata.
- Pension – employee pays 3%, we pay 5%
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance of 4 times salary (up to state pension age – currently 65)
- Generous maternity, paternity and sickness benefits.
To apply: Please provide a CV and covering letter highlighting why you are the ideal candidate for this role to michelle.hill@DvvMediaInternational.com
Please note – closing date of 7th June. Candidates who we wish to invite to interview will be contacted after this date.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
We do not discriminate against staff on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (protected characteristics).