Trainee Lawyer Recruitment Adviser
An opportunity to work for one of the leading global law firms located in the heart of the City of London. The opportunity to work as a Trainee Lawyer Recruitment Advisor for this prestigious law firm is available to you.
The successful candidate will work alongside another Trainee Recruitment Adviser, reporting to the Senior Manager - Trainee Recruitment. You will share responsibility for managing the two administrators within the team and work closely with the Trainee Recruitment Assistant.
It would be a real advantage if you have worked previously within the legal sector.
- Review training contract, work experience, open day and workshop applications as a first filter for the recruitment partners.
- Manage recruitment events, including the full end-to-end process for the 1st year open days and Winter Workshops.
- Represent the firm at university law fairs and university presentations hosted in the office, plus other ad hoc recruitment events as required.
- Build expert knowledge of our target universities to best advise the university relationship partners and associates on our campus strategy, and take responsibility for managing these campus activities throughout the academic year.
- Day-to-day management of the administrators' workload together with the other Adviser, including responsibility for one administrator's performance reviews.
- Manage the Trainee Recruitment Facebook page and ensure the website is kept updated.
- Work with the Senior Manager and an external consultant to plan the annual media campaign and ensure the firm profiles are kept updated. Support the Senior Manager on projects such as; diversity initiatives, the new SQE route to qualification, creating new video content, annual refresh of the brochure and website.
- Lead on ad hoc projects e.g. re-design of university presentation slides.
- Support the Assistant with the training contract offer and acceptance processes, intake allocations, screening process and other tasks as required.
- Ad hoc responsibilities, including running reports from the ATS and manipulating the raw data using pivot tables and other Excel functions
Candidates for this position must be/have:
- Degree-educated, or qualified by experience
- Previous graduate recruitment experience in a law firm
- Able to work collaboratively in a team, but also be comfortable working on their own
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational and upward communication skills
- Confident and proactive - prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload and using their initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Able to build strong business relationships with internal and external contacts and the resilience to deal with demanding individuals
- Experience of working in a diverse team, while fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of ethics
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages (in particular Word and Excel); previous experience of a recruitment system is beneficial
In return you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits and the opportunity to build your career at one of the leading international law firms.